Chapter 1 of The Legend of Syro is now available for download, and it’s been well worth the wait!
A quick list of changes in the complete story:
4 New battles
Lots of new cutscenes
See the complete changelog for all changes in this version (and all previous ones).
There are also factions to join, secrets to find and a full story to play through. The battle engine is extremely polished, items and magic all work nicely. Enemies also have pretty good AI and won’t hesitate to attack your healer at the worst possible time.
Chaoswizard98 dropped another update for The Legend of Syro. The video below shows off the battle cutscenes along with some very cool archery abilities.
There have been plenty of other improvements too! Loading, saving and promotions are now working from the church menu. The advisor menu is also complete and can be used to add and remove characters from your force.
There are still a few more things to finish before Alpha 1.4 is released. From the forum topic:
The remaining To-Do list for Alpha 1.4 is as follows.
– Fix Egress (Currently just restarts the battle and heals all characters)
– Add “Below ship map”
– Finish rigging characters for battle weapons
– Add ranged weapons (and exploding arrows) to battle cutscenes.
– Search in battle
– Battle platforms (Because y’all keep bugging me about this! lol)
– Polish existing dialogue / cutscenes.