[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)   (Read 4909 times)
New Post November 04, 2017, 01:51:10 am
Blahian *

Re: The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)
Today was a productive day. Town is now linked with the overworld / battle maps. I started work on fleshing out the town with searchables and NPCs, however the NPC's don't have any dialogue yet. I also added 8 '1 way door' objects to the game which I needed for ledges. And the final thing that was added today was the GameMaster cheat to the options menu. Essentially it allows you to control every unit on the map. I may make it so that it only becomes available if you have a save file from the end of the demo, but I'm not sure yet.

New Post November 22, 2017, 05:12:23 am
Blahian *

2100 lines of code into this 4 page long final cutscene. Halfway there!

Oh right, we also have a jump animation as well as overworld fireball and muddle animations.

New Post Today at 02:52:53 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Sounds like you're making some really good progress! Cutscenes are always a pain to build, especially once they get more complicated. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

New Post Today at 06:56:34 pm
Blahian *

Chapter 1 is now available!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VfFm-cHg3LyfJXicOkjdc7YXblv78HLx/view?usp=sharing

@Ty
Yeah... Cutscenes are a tedious pain lol. Especially this one (And I'm sure you'll see why when you play the demo).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: