[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)   (Read 5576 times)
Old Post November 04, 2017, 01:51:10 am
Blahian *

Re: The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)
Today was a productive day. Town is now linked with the overworld / battle maps. I started work on fleshing out the town with searchables and NPCs, however the NPC's don't have any dialogue yet. I also added 8 '1 way door' objects to the game which I needed for ledges. And the final thing that was added today was the GameMaster cheat to the options menu. Essentially it allows you to control every unit on the map. I may make it so that it only becomes available if you have a save file from the end of the demo, but I'm not sure yet.

Old Post November 22, 2017, 05:12:23 am
Blahian *

2100 lines of code into this 4 page long final cutscene. Halfway there!

Oh right, we also have a jump animation as well as overworld fireball and muddle animations.

Old Post November 24, 2017, 02:52:53 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Sounds like you're making some really good progress! Cutscenes are always a pain to build, especially once they get more complicated. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Old Post November 24, 2017, 06:56:34 pm
Blahian *

Chapter 1 is now available!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qA3gg_UN5AWZcL_9xkSDk3AniOnNY4Hd/view?usp=sharing

@Ty
Yeah... Cutscenes are a tedious pain lol. Especially this one (And I'm sure you'll see why when you play the demo).

Edit:
Updated the link to fix a few issues. Namely a crash if Jamie isn't with the party later on. The version is now 1.6.1

Old Post November 27, 2017, 07:52:33 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I posted about the project one the homepage: The Legend of Syro – Chapter 1 released.

I'm really impressed with everything you've managed to squeeze in so far, it really feels like a Shining Force game! The cutscenes are great, and I love the little head shakes, shrugs and animations. The battles I've played so far were fun and just the right size and difficulty. The only part that caught me out initially was throwing everything at the viking archer only to find out I had to beat everyone. But I tend to do that a lot so maybe it's just me Smiley

You've done an amazing job!

Old Post November 30, 2017, 03:53:42 pm
Blahian *

Thanks for the shoutout. I Appreciate it!

It may be some time before we see Chapter 2 as I want to polish up some things and correct a bunch of minor issues that I've seen while making Chapter 1. I'm planning on taking most, if not every, remaining feature off of the checklist for the next update so hopefully the engine will be 'feature complete' soon.

New Post December 03, 2017, 02:40:11 am
Blahian *

New Post December 12, 2017, 04:18:49 pm
Blahian *

-Fixed a bug with level schemes. Darn typos lol.

The enemy death trigger is now added. Now if a certain enemy (or group of enemies) is wiped out, that can cause an update in AI for other units, cause currently hidden units to instantly reveal themselves, cause units to change teams or take poison damage, and so much more. Tyadran also requested the ability for relative spawning. In other words, if a slime mob dies, it can be split into several smaller slimes around that area.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: