[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)   (Read 140932 times)
Old Post June 16, 2017, 09:58:47 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)
Congratulations! Looking forward to trying this out!

Am I ok to upload the demo to the download area here?

New Post June 16, 2017, 06:45:46 pm
Shining Star *

New Post June 16, 2017, 09:17:32 pm
Shining Star *

Managed to get some time to record an update video.
https://youtu.be/rHYgQjZfUkA

New Post July 04, 2017, 12:27:44 am
Shining Star *

Item use has now been updated to be easier to add and work more efficiently. That being said, All consumable items from SF2 have been added. Global targeting (ie, aura 4) has also been added along with a restore mana effect. Power potions can be used during battle now, and the antidote and fairy powder can be used outside of battle.

AI has also been updated. First off, the characters were following the shortest path as opposed to the quickest one. The second issue was that they had a tendency to form a single file line when moving towards the player. Now they will avoid forming said line.

Bookshelves / inspectibles have been generalized and are now easier to add.
Oh right one more thing, spells and items can stack effects now. So a medical herb can restore health, mana, and cure you of all status ailments if you wanted to go down that rout.

New Post August 31, 2017, 02:53:18 pm
Upshur
Guest Logged

New Post August 31, 2017, 03:19:06 pm
Shining Star *

You can play the early part of the game now. This one is the latest demo.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F-g-NTmRRdY2R6eHdXYXhPd3c/view?usp=sharing

I'll be finishing the rest of chapter 1 for the next demo though it might be a while before I get there as there's still lots to do.

New Post September 01, 2017, 05:55:10 pm
Shining Star *

The new character portraits are in!

New Post September 20, 2017, 03:35:56 pm
Shining Star *

Working towards finishing up chapter 1 for the next demo. I've got 5 character portraits, and 3 maps left as far as art / design stuff goes. Then it's down to setting up the battles and cutscenes which shouldn't take more than a few days. My goal is to get it out early October, but I have a crazy work schedule this month so no promises lol.

New Post September 27, 2017, 01:47:58 pm
Blahian *

Hey, I used to have an account on here a few years back, made a new one today as I couldn't remember my details (nor do I have access to the old email account I used anymore!)

It was great to see the demo up on the front page, just played it through and it runs really well. Felt like a true SF game and i totally forgot it was a demo until the final message popped up  Grin

Keep up the great work, looking forward to playing future versions Smiley

New Post October 04, 2017, 05:28:59 pm
Shining Star *

Lol, welcome back to the forums.

Glad to hear that the game ran smoothly and that you enjoyed it.

A little update:
I just finished battle 5 which took way longer than I expected due to a bunch of small additions and tweaks to the AI code. My goal for today is to get the final battle of chapter 1 finished and to code up the next cutscene.

New Post October 16, 2017, 06:22:26 pm
Shining Star *

All battles are finished and in working order. I'm currently working on playing my way through the game and adding the post battle cutscenes / linking up the maps as I go. It's not hard, but it is rather tedious.

New Post October 28, 2017, 04:27:13 pm
Blahian *

super interested in this, with all battles finished how far out is a total release? and thanks i love homebrew games, i made a fan based beatem up off guardian heroes once.

New Post October 29, 2017, 03:21:44 pm
Shining Star *

Oh lol. By having all battles completed, I meant all battles that will be present in the next demo, ie. chapter 1. I don't have every battle for the entire game done lol. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as a total release goes, that's hard to say as that mainly depends on work schedule, motivation, and any other unseen issues that may arise in that time. First off, my main bottleneck points are art and dialogue. I'm not the best when it comes to artsy stuff so naturally that takes me a lot longer to get done. I also barely passed English class so... writing isn't really a strong point of mine either lol.

Anyways, if all art and dialogue scripts were done, I'd say I could probably bust out a chapter every month. I estimate the game to be about 4-5 chapters long which will be about 20-30 battles. That being said, the art has a tendency to triple that time as I'll spend an entire day to come up with 1 sprite.

All in all, I'd have to give a rough estimate of 1ish year yet. Shops are the only feature that's really missing at this point aside from small engine optimizations (Unless I've forgotten about something. There are too many features to keep track of in SF1 and 2 lol), so really I'm at the easy point now. Cheesy

Thanks for your interest! I appreciate the support!

New Post November 02, 2017, 12:49:21 am
Blahian *

awesome. can't wait.  but i meant how long till the first chapter is done? cant wait to play it. super happy youre doing this.

btw if ever youre bored and feel like playing my fan game it requires no installation can use controllers and has branching paths. cheers brother.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r2aeebrxzbcq7b4/GHDC.zip

New Post November 03, 2017, 04:50:40 am
Shining Star *

Chapter 1 is down to 1 final cutscene, some portraits / overworld sprites, and some touchup work. I'm hoping to get it released within the next week or so depending on work schedule.

And I'll definitely try out your game if I can find a way to download it. Mediafire and a few other sites haven't worked for me in a few years for whatever reason. That's why I moved all my stuff over to google drive lol.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: