[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
3d Shining Force   (Read 48339 times)
Old Post April 04, 2004, 04:25:44 pm
Blahian *

3d Shining Force
Ok I just remembered something. I know how to program in Dark Basic. DB is for 3d, and it sucks with 2d... So... why not make a 3d SF???

I'd take care of the history and the programming, but I'd need someone to make me the 3d models, the battle animations, and the portraits.

When I get my computer fixed, I'll let you all know. So we can start making this game! Anyone in this with me??? Come on, I need help.

Old Post April 04, 2004, 05:51:23 pm
Blahian *

3d Shining Force
I was thinking... I can't program 3d on Dark Basic. I only know how to program in 2d. But it's never late to learn Cheesy DB's help file is very handy;

I just can't contain my excitement so I'm starting the battle engine. Well just the non-3d part. I'll start making the equations and math system. I'll also make an item maker and character maker and enemy maker. Those program will help when adding new items and characters and enemies.

Anyway i'll start this project now. I hope I get someone to make the 3d, I don't want it to become unfinished!

Old Post April 04, 2004, 06:04:02 pm
Shining Forever *

3d Shining Force
I'll say this: Its your life your ruining. This project of yours is going to end one of two ways: You either get a life, and so stop it half way through, or you finish the game, forgeting the words sleep, bath/shower and toilet.

Your choice, I advise the second, It pays off in the end  Cheesy .

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post April 04, 2004, 08:11:34 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

3d Shining Force
Well considering the experience I and I guess most other people here have made I would suggest you one thing:

Don't start sth that you can't finish on your own because it's tough work to get reliable people otherwise - if you don't have a good demo which shows the people what you want and what you're able to do they are rather likely to join in.....

t's not like I really care

Old Post April 04, 2004, 09:38:26 pm
Blahian *

3d Shining Force
I have a friend that can make me some raw 3d models, just so I get the engine working. Will that be enough?

Old Post April 04, 2004, 09:39:59 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

3d Shining Force
Well you needn't ask me... my approval is worth shit ... if you're not sure the answer is probably no....

Old Post April 04, 2004, 10:24:37 pm
Shining Star *

3d Shining Force
I'll say this: Its your life your ruining. This project of yours is going to end one of two ways: You either get a life, and so stop it half way through, or you finish the game, forgeting the words sleep, bath/shower and toilet.

Oh yeh, that's true. My girlfriend has been making comments...but I've managed to juggle a relationship and a computer game quite well, with Uni falling by the wayside (of course). Now, only have to get rid of me girl, and progress will speed up immensely!!!  :twisted:
Or not...

Moth - go for 3d shining! It'd be a first, and could be really cool. And insanely hard of course...

hining Valour Website:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~clark4/

Old Post April 05, 2004, 12:19:47 am
bEn
Shining Light *

3d Shining Force
Quote from: "McPhisto"

Moth - go for 3d shining! It'd be a first, and could be really cool. And insanely hard of course...

ehm I like to interfere here - sf:ta is 3D as well... and has been for bout a year now....

Old Post April 05, 2004, 12:40:08 am
Shining Star *

3d Shining Force
*belatedly remembers*
Yeh sorry ben, you're quite right...how's TA going? Have u done much of the engine?

hining Valour Website:

Old Post April 05, 2004, 12:11:20 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

3d Shining Force
it's like usual - real life strikes back and I have been pretty busy with university - first exams, then uni project work (damnit 60h a week beacause I need to get this done before the new semester starts) - nevertheless since the last Demo the core engine is rather stable tho core means the underlying graphic/sound/control handling engine. Since the redesign of the website is done I hope I'll find time now to work on it some more - next thing will be first gamecore things (like map handling, 3D movement (currently it's plain 2D) and stuff like that)

Old Post April 05, 2004, 02:36:14 pm
Blahian *

3d Shining Force
haha acebloke i haven't seen your post before. And I do have a real life, that's why I can't spare much time to the game. It's always been my dream to make games Cheesy

Lets not off-topic guys please.

I'm sure your SF:TA will be in 3d too, but i'll use every aspect an 3d rpg must have. 3d towns, 3d characters, camera rotating, etc...

And don't think I'm doing that for free! Yes, SF 3D(that's not the name) will be free, but I'll improve the engine so later I can make something sellable. Like the MMOTRPG I have been dreaming on. My motto is: If it's tactical, it's worth it.

Old Post April 05, 2004, 10:47:05 pm
Shining Star *

3d Shining Force
Yeh, uni can be a bit of a bastard sometimes...

Moth: good luck to u. I'd like to see someone make some money off an sf fangame, even if it's only the engine...

hining Valour Website:

Old Post April 06, 2004, 01:50:36 am
Blahian *

3d Shining Force
I'm entering a website project now, so I may have to give a time to the sf game, since this website if sucessful will make me one of the 20% most rich in brazil(yeah we suck)...

But continuing: I'm planning the array system right now, and it's coming out allright. I also started these programs do add/edit items, and they are also going well. No bugs so far. Phew.

Now about the storyline... Since I'm saying this will be a SF fan game. Do I need to make something similar to SF to be a SF fan game?? My storyline is totally different... Anyway the battle engine and the town searching will continue the same, despite of my wishes to make a turn based battle(your team first then the enemies).

Old Post April 06, 2004, 02:27:27 pm
Shining Forever *

3d Shining Force
My storyline barely matches with anything in SF, so as long as your battle system, towns etc are Shining like, it should be ok.

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post April 06, 2004, 02:55:23 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

3d Shining Force
Quote from: "M07hM4n"

I'm sure your SF:TA will be in 3d too, but i'll use every aspect an 3d rpg must have. 3d towns, 3d characters, camera rotating, etc...

Don't talk about things you don't know... at least we can already present real 3D......

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: