[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Another project count   (Read 9767 times)
Old Post September 09, 2005, 11:12:57 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Another project count
Just a quickie.

Checking up to see how everyone's project is doing. If you'd like to leave a short post here, letting us know how your project is progressing it would be most helpful. I'll be making a series of news posts next week letting the world know how things are going, so if you want to be part of that post something interesting (screenshots are a nice extra Wink).

Old Post September 11, 2005, 05:36:08 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Another project count
I guess I'll start the ball rolling and speak publicly for BABS and SS:CS Wink

BABS is probably not far away from another release, along with the mini Shiny Sword Cloud Slayer campaign we're calling "Lycadell Campaign".

I've been working on it every spare moment I have over the last few days, and once Devlyn does a few of the more complicated things, we will be go for launch.  

Probably talking about either 2 weeks or December - just depending on when I burn out this time. . . I have good confidence levels at the moment : )

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 14, 2005, 12:04:44 am
Blahian *

Another project count
The "Loolarge" project is still alive as well. Dealing with frustrating programming issues, so there are no visual results to look at yet. Hope to get there soon.

I have embedded my content developing tools into Softimage XSI.
You can create/edit characters and place them into the map.
You can set up different cameras, but you cannot animate them yet.
You can upload meshes, characters, lights, particles and cameras into the game engine (showed right inside XSI) and manipulate the transformations and parameters.

The plan is to create a format to animate all these things, so i can play realtime cutsceens. It's not all animateable yet, though.

I also have to restructure some parts of my old game code, i need to seperate things into classes so that they can be used by the game and also by other tool apps.

Have to redo the menu system as well. And a million other things  :lol: (Improve AI, Network/Multiplayer support, exchange the method pathfinding, extend the scripting system/make it editable).

I am working on it every day.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: