The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
vb help?   (Read 13850 times)
Old Post January 28, 2008, 02:51:46 pm
Shining Star *

vb help?
hello everyone Smiley

Haven't been around in a long while, but i thought this may be the place to come when i have a few questions...

I've started learning visual basic (for the past few months, in school and at home) and have made a few basic applications like a calculator, a notepad, a drawing package, a system for randomly picking lottery numbers, a game of noughts & crosses/tic-tac-toe, and a few others (i used a tutorial website for the vast majority of these)

the prolbem is, however, that the tutorials on the website have run out, and now i have nothing to further my learning, i'm currently only using single user forms, and haven't used any images, sound, animation or anything of the sort, just simple functions within visual basic.

The question i have, is does anyone know of a good website, or some good free resource thtat i can use, i don't mind it with just code snippets or whatever, but the only thigns i can find are either on vb 6.0 (which is still useable, just slightly awkward) or masive jumps in my learning (code for creating rpg's or fps's, which i am nowhere near capable of completing yet.

I learn alot better by using functions and processes in examples (such as simple games/applications) rather than just using them by themselves without much real meaning, any help or direction appreciated. Smiley

Old Post January 30, 2008, 03:34:17 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Re: vb help?
I haven't used these myself, but they look to be good links.

http://www.vbgamer.com/tutorials.asp

http://www.vbexplorer.com/VBExplorer/game_tutorials.asp

Good luck!

~Elvenfyre

Old Post February 04, 2008, 10:47:46 pm
Shining Star *

Re: vb help?
thanks for the links Elvenfyre, they look to be pretty good.. although might be a couple of months before i can get stuck in due to my current noob-ish ness. either way, they look to be very helpful (if anyone else has any feel free to post Smiley)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: