[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Starting Project   (Read 16788 times)
Old Post August 31, 2005, 07:09:54 pm
Shining Star *

Starting Project
hi again everyone, haven't been on this site 4 quite a long time now, im having problems of thinking of a fresh new idea 4 a shining force project, but even if i did, i still don't know all too much about programming etc. anyone got any ideas 4 a little pet project for me to start off with? any answers would be appreciated, thanks Smiley

Old Post September 01, 2005, 02:22:43 am
Shining Dude *

Starting Project
You can help me with Project Candlelight....

Even if you only do grahics or music (preferred), That would be a great help.

ave the Kyantol

Old Post September 01, 2005, 12:07:40 pm
Shining Star *

Starting Project
yh sure akir, i dunno how i can rrally help, but give me all the specs and i'll give it a go for you....  Smiley

Old Post September 01, 2005, 12:21:28 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Starting Project
I'm not quite sure that's what qprman was talking about, Akir.

To be honest, there aren't too many ways of making a quick and easy introductory Shining project. Most of us have been working on our respective projects for years, and haven't anywhere near fulfilled their potential.

The best way would probably be to code up different parts of the game separately, and not worry about incorporating them into each other. For example, you could work on your overhead battle map and concentrate on getting all the characters to move about when it's their turn, or come up with an events system or something - anything that constitutes real work that you can show off to somebody.

Don't worry about drawing graphics - we can provide you with those. Just try and make a start on a simple project that can lead onto better things.

Good luck, and make sure you come back and let us know how it goes.

Old Post September 01, 2005, 02:36:49 pm
Shining Star *

Starting Project
thanks newts, i'm a real novice and don't really have a clue what to do lol  :oops:  :cry: is there like a starting program i would need to use, any really really small project ideas for me to do like babs etc.? cause i don't really know how to start

Old Post September 01, 2005, 02:57:09 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Starting Project
You could try messing around with BABS for a while and make your own battles, or your could download something like Multimedia Fusion or Gamemaker and give them a go. I've not used either of them, but from what I hear they're a good way to start messing around with games.

Above all - mess around as much as you like and learn as much as you can. You'll find it gets a lot easier once you're more experienced, so just enjoy the journey =)

Old Post September 01, 2005, 07:02:03 pm
Shining Star *

Starting Project
thanks ty, i'll give both of them a go in the immediate future Smiley and btw sorry if i'm wrong, butif your the fabled maker of shining online its looking very good, good luck with the rest of the project Smiley

New Post September 01, 2005, 09:15:11 pm
Shining Mullet *

Starting Project
indeed, The fathers of Shining Online can be found within these hallowed halls.

They are to be praised!!!

*praise*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: