[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Shining Immortal Update 2   (Read 16082 times)
Old Post November 16, 2008, 11:44:18 am
Blahian *

Shining Immortal Update 2
Ok, just to keep everyone updated that character listings are done, though we have left 4 blanks for unique builds that are still being debated. Right now our programmer is messing with codes and such but we have yet to make any new concept art to add to the lack of art already made since the artists are pre-occupied on the finishing touches to the other game being produced. So, patience will be needed but our 3d designer is going to make some mock 2d figures to test the grid system with the algorythems (sp?) to run a test so the whole team can get a feeling rather than just reading code. I have also composed some new tunes for the game as well. :p

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post November 16, 2008, 01:27:42 pm
Blahian *

Re: Shining Immortal Update 2
Cool! When will we get to see a demo/preview?

Old Post November 17, 2008, 12:05:03 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Good to see how active this project is. I'm looking forward to seeing the results Smiley

Old Post November 19, 2008, 12:19:14 am
Blahian *

As far as a playable demo goes I am not too sure, unless you dont mind playing a CODE only demo. lol Shining Immortal is also a temporary name, again, another sign that there is a lot to do, we are just pounding through a lot of stuff at a high rate atm. ^^

But the one thing that is far behind schedule is the concept art and 3d designs, making a standard demo impossible. I know the game we are head strong on (which is a turn based game) is still paramount at the moment and this project is just while many of us sit around with little to do (like me, since most of the music is done. hahaha). So it is just a matter of time till that all gets figured out and that makes this game a primary once this other game is finished.

We are building a website too, so that way you can see what were doing and such since most of it is done in person between the team all knowing and have worked together in the past. The forums however is very likely to be off limits once the site is ready because we will be heavily archiving and preparing ideas there. The mods will, most likely, make a public area though in which you would be able to access, Ill keep you all updated as best as I can. ^^

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post November 19, 2008, 11:17:45 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Sounds like good progress to me, Maestro.

Just one idea though - instead of building a new website, why not use the Shining Source itself? You can post worklogs, demos, updates and everything like that as well as having a private forum for you and the team. Would save a lot of unnecessary effort Smiley

Old Post November 20, 2008, 04:32:04 pm
Blahian *

Most of this post is based off of information I got yesterday after another meeting.

I guess it would be a thought though we have a workplace of our own already and have been using it for our current projects to date. Im sure, when we have a better grasp of what we want to do as far as presentation goes, I know that this may come up.

But because we are planning many games in the future development and not sold just to make tRPG games such as Shining Force style and the new Valkyria tRPG medium we do want to be able to keep many open ends before we start promoting our games.

We have plans set upon completion of our project going on now (not Shining Immortal) that would not be set up as freeware availability. Again, I dont know the details yet, this is mostly word-a-mouth, but that there is a 3rd party publisher interested in the game currently in production. Shining Immortal (working title) is still in its basic stages of production as well as another game being developed by the studios other scenario writer (alias Griffen). I know for fact that Shining Immortal will be put into full production once the primary game that is being developed now is fully complete since we can really only focus on one game at a time. I will be overwhelmed with the voice casting and the voice recordings over December through February. So far we have voice talent from hollywood signed on (no one of major knowledge like Tom Cruise) but if you are curious who we may have in our game hoping to be released before summer names like Michelle Alexandria, Sita Young,Gil Darnell (sp?) are people who have been called in to do the game in production (you could probably IMDb some of them.

A meeting regarding the website and other functions to this effect are being held mid January (TDA). We expect to start heavily focusing on (Shining Immortal) sometime in the Spring. Aiming to be done by Fall, a playable demo available near the end of spring. Again, this is all very rough edged information to my knowledge and a lot of it still not set in stone. The story is being edited as well as the creation of "gap" story is being filled ("gap" story is stuff that lacks explenation and though you, the player, may never know about the "gap" story fillers, it may be used in creation of sequals and prequals and what-not. [i.e. Resident Evil series])

Again, I am just the scenario/story writer for Shining Immortal as well as the sound designer. Its premature to assume too much at this stage since the story is still being worked on and basic things are still being done to prep it for serious work (like character builds, designs, leveling system). All the things we have put together so far are only prototypes and will be picked a part, for sure, when this game is set into production.

All of your input has really been helpful to build these prototypes because Shining Force was the pioneer of the great tRPG era and I know the fan base is vast compared to many other dissapointing series. Knowing that a new Shining Force game being released in Japan turned a few heads, it will never be the same as it once was. Shining Immortal (which will probably not have SHINING in the title) is being made with the best interests of the fans and to hopefully bring back the pride that these games of old have lost due to bad design and weak story lines. This is a game where I want the SF fan base to be involved because its a game that THEY want to see made. (i.e. there are mixed feelings about going from battle to battle as seen in SF1 or to be able to traverse the world as in SF2). So again, discussion of these things are useful and as more of the project is done I will gladly share it with you all, perhaps, in a private channel so you can be part of this as well. (I am sure that we would put a link to The Shining Source from our website so we can share with everyone all the other things going on as well. I would like to share more in-depth with you all what we are doing without being leaked to the masses. Again, another reason we have a private server with a forum in which we archive and communicate our work as well as a secure FTP).

New Post November 24, 2008, 12:21:22 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Awesome! I look forward to seeing how this develops over the next year. Once more firm details start emerging, there might be the possibility of an interview or something Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: