[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
The Engine of Chaos (Gamemaker Shining Force Engine)   (Read 13895 times)
Old Post September 19, 2018, 03:21:35 pm
Shining Star *

The Engine of Chaos (Gamemaker Shining Force Engine)
Hey all, it's Chaos here.

For those of you who don't know, I've been working on building a Shining style game of my own from the ground up for the past few years. I have finally reached a point in my project where, although there are still a few loose ends yet, the engine itself is basically feature complete. I have also spent the last few months porting the engine over from the old version of GameMaker to the newer GameMaker Studio.

In any case, I feel that the engine is finally complete and stable enough to share with everyone. Now before you go and download it, you should know that the engine itself is still a work in progress. There are a LOT of scripts and objects which is to be expected from a more complicated game such as SF, and as such it's easy to get lost. Especially since I don't have everything fully organized right now.

The other thing you should note is that I don't have any sort of tutorial for the engine just yet. I'll make a few tutorial videos down the line once I have everything organized, but for now, I've included the entirety of Chapter 1 of my game so that anyone who wanted to poke around and try to figure out how everything works can do so.

The download essentially contains my current project file (So you'll need GameMaker Studio to use it), and the 2 font files which you should install BEFORE opening the project for the first time. Otherwise it will try to load a non-existent font and default everything to Arial.

Anyways, have fun!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aI7OUkWyPXjNRkbl1x_1J3-L9I03O5H/view?usp=sharing

TLDR:
Here's a GameMaker Studio project file for a Shining Force game.
The engine is still in beta, so there may be bugs and organization problems
I don't have any tutorials right now, so you'll have to reverse engineer my Chapter 1 code stuff.
Install the fonts before you use it for the first time.

Old Post September 21, 2018, 12:44:05 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: The Engine of Chaos (Gamemaker Shining Force Engine)
This is great! It's always good to see how other developers build things out and solve problems.

I'll put a post on the homepage about this. Am I ok to mirror the download on the site?

New Post September 21, 2018, 02:51:43 pm
Shining Star *

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: