[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Hi everyone!   (Read 8352 times)
Old Post February 23, 2009, 09:16:15 pm
Blahian *

Hi everyone!
Hi!  I'm Matius.  I'm a big fan of SF1 and 2, and I've been longing to play a new one for a long time.  We actually just rented Shining Force ESX (or whatever) and, while I knew it wasn't gonna be the old-school tactical RPG I loved, I never expected it to be so crappy.  I've never had the privilege of playing any of the Saturn SFs.  I did however download the game gear ones, and much to my dismay, its all battles!  No exploration, no real content.  So I was bummed.  I've been looking over the website for about a half hour now, and I have one question.  Are any of these games completed and available for download?  Because man, am I ever jonesing.  Anyway, its nice to meet you guys!  One more question...is it hard to program my own game with that whatever-its-called program?  I hope to hear from you guys soon, and its nice to be on board!  Ciao!

Old Post February 24, 2009, 05:43:10 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: Hi everyone!
Hi Matius, good to have you around!

I'm afraid none of the games here are "complete", but a lot have playable demo's that you can try out. I know a few folks here are still working on their projects, but it's been quiet lately due to holidays and work etc. Don't worry, as soon as something gets released it'll be all over the site Cheesy

It's quite hard and time consuming to program your own game from scratch, but it depends on what you use. If you use something like BABS, it's much simpler as a lot of the work is done for you. We're all massive Shining fans here too, so if you have any questions we'll be more than happy to help out Smiley

You should definitely try out the Saturn games if you can, they're some of the best RPG's of their time. I might have to play through them again.

New Post February 25, 2009, 04:31:36 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Re: Hi everyone!
Good to see you Matius.  Hope you like peanut-butter in less than moderate portions, because most of ours goes missing for some strange reason.

~Elvenfyre

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: