[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »

Poll
Question: So what?  (Voting closed: August 11, 2006, 03:23:56 pm)
I was just saying. - 4 (100%)
Go away. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] Print
So many dead websites...   (Read 12041 times)
Old Post August 12, 2006, 12:25:16 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

So many dead websites...
No one is doing anything.

As far as I know, my little project is the only playable thing released since I came back.  That received enthusiasm from 2 people willing to give it a go.
So I guess it's over if no one else steps up.

Would love to see further progress from Peter.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post August 15, 2006, 04:45:46 am
Shining Forever *

So many dead websites...
Guess the shiningness is dimming to a faint light now.

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post August 15, 2006, 03:07:26 pm
Shining Something *

So many dead websites...
I admit that development of Dark Resurrection was a bit slow the last few months,
but that's because I'm waiting for input from Scott ( he's doing the battle-AI ).
So far I haven't seen progress from him ??.

Meanwhile I continued work on ANOTHER project I was working on (even before Dark Res.. was on the radar ) ,
and I started yet another project ( a game based on the TV-series AIRWOLF ) cunningly titled AIRWOLF.

Now these three projects run simultaneously in terms of development.
I still learn new things from Blitz, and new techniques (be it programming or effects)  for one project can be used for the other two.
There are a number of functions that I have reprogrammed,... better writing, better use of commands  etc. etc.

So far everything benefits from everything, which is good.

and eerrmm....

Things about Dark Res. I failed to mention:

1) Animated Drawbridges
2) Doors that open automatically away from you, depending on which side of the door you are standing
3) Animated TreasureChests ( the lid will open if the chest is unlocked , and of course it will stay closed if it is locked ( unless you have the key , that is )

I have a lot more ideas where those came from Cheesy

Very soon I will present you guys with some tests, ( FPS tests , keyboard usage , buying / selling items & weapons ) , new screenies , and ( if time permits ) even a few movies.
So DARK RESURRECTION is very much alive Cheesy Cheesy

(btw my last update was yesterday  Smiley  Smiley  )

Love is Grand , Divorce ..... a hundred Grand

Old Post August 15, 2006, 07:12:05 pm
Blahian *

So many dead websites...
Perhaps some of the projects listed by Newts haven't been updated for a while but, it looks to me like there's several new projects that could be interesting. I myself am putting time into my project everyday!

Old Post August 15, 2006, 07:31:18 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

So many dead websites...
These projects aren't dead, they're just sleeping.

Playing Elv's project rekindled my interest in Shining games, but there just seems to be an enormous amount of work to be done on every front. Perhaps my vision is too large, but there's a mountain left to climb. I don't like climbing. Trying to balance sorting my life out and writing fun projects is a big challenge, but I'll get there.

Digressing: Best Advert Ever (found on the Bowie Online website).

New Post August 16, 2006, 02:58:08 am
Job
Shining Light *

So many dead websites...
After progressing through my big task list i've come to:
- Make Javascript version of Latex Lab
- Make a page for my Lobby/Chat components
- Make the multiplayer Shining Force engine

So i have shining stuff on my third coming item, so there will be at least some news. The item before it, regarding the lobby is actually related. The shining stuff should be 1-2 weeks away assuming all goes as intended. I have so many projects i want to work on.
Anyway all the work i've been doing hasn't been for nothing. I think you guys would be impressed with my site's backend. It's all in C# .NET 2.0 with SQL2005. I actually have a site API. It's really something.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: