[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Shining Force - Resurrection of the Black Dragon   (Read 33089 times)
Old Post December 20, 2004, 10:43:29 pm
Shining Light *

Shining Force - Resurrection of the Black Dragon
Those are just distractions.
The only real complain I have is the aforementioned throwing in of a card system to pull in the kiddies.  It's like making a legend of zelda extreme card battle challenge.
just no.

i>never knows best

Old Post December 21, 2004, 03:05:52 am
Blahian *

I didn't know that this was a remake of the original Shining Force. The first SF I played was SFII. Thanks for the heads up guys. Smiley

Old Post December 21, 2004, 07:08:46 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

Well Newts your are right the issues are minor and don't change the fact that it is a great game. As I said I even think many new stuff works well and if I have  choice I would even prefer the remake to the original.

*hides behind a barrel to avoid getting beaten*

Nevertheless even minor issues can kill a game like for me the first Vampire the Masquerade sucked due to the fact that I didn't get along with the controls very well - it's not a big thing but it destroyed the fun.

Next to that I think we see a trend in the behavior of SEGA - probably caused by the fact that they lack money AND that the DC which had pretty unique games didn't sell well - are dropping uniqueness for mainstream behavior.
Think of the remakes, this card thing, the new SF being no Round based strategy game etc.  I'm not sure if that will help them sell games but for sure it will cause them produce worse games than they could do.

t's not like I really care

Old Post December 24, 2004, 08:52:57 am
Blahian *

I have one quick question before I get too far into the game (I'm at chapter 6 right now).

Will there be a battle that will require ALL of the characters that have joined my team to participate? No specifics please, I dont want to spoil the storyline. Smiley

Old Post December 24, 2004, 01:02:19 pm
Shining Something *

It was not the case in the original....
But they made a few changes so ... maybe...

hining Odyssey under devlopment: http://mapage.noos.fr/zylokh

Old Post January 05, 2005, 05:54:25 am
Shining Godzilla *

My copy finally arrived *YAY* and i played it some. And Atlus isen't some nobody gaming company.  They've made some 5 star tactical rpgs (Disgaea, Ogre Tactics) My major complaint is the movement in battles. Its kind of difficult to get on the right block because of the 3dish graphics

DDDDD    EEEEE  RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R      R     P       P  !!!
D        D   EEEE    RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R    R       P
DDDDD    EEEEE  R      R     P            !!!

Old Post January 09, 2005, 07:56:50 pm
Shining Godzilla *

Another MAJOR complaint. Max isen't the cool collected silent guy any more hes some pussy talkitive guy thats too damn nice. I allways pictured Max as sort of an ass

New Post January 13, 2005, 04:46:10 pm
Blahian *

I never like the name of max. That's why I renamed him to Synbios when I got the chance. :wink:

After beating the game about a week ago, I have one suggestion: Look EVERYWHERE for cards. In book shelves, in walls, and any other place you would suspect cards to be at.

New Post January 20, 2005, 02:20:41 am
Shining Dude *

I still haven't brought myself to playing this game again, after the discovery that if really was Shining Force: On Ice

I really wanted to like this game but the stupid walking in towns - is unbearable - and also hints of "rushed" and EA sports :S

Insert pretentious signiture here.

New Post January 27, 2005, 10:48:12 pm
Shining Asteroid *

Quote from: "Squega"
I have one quick question before I get too far into the game (I'm at chapter 6 right now).

Will there be a battle that will require ALL of the characters that have joined my team to participate? No specifics please, I dont want to spoil the storyline. Smiley

No, 12 character's maximum.  That never changes.

*cough* DARK DRAGON *cough*

New Post January 28, 2005, 03:33:00 am
Shining Light *

New Post January 29, 2005, 04:55:54 pm
Shining Something *

I have to say that shining force resurection of dark dragon for the gameboyu advance is by all means better than the original. But the card system in the game makes it all but hard. I was displeased with my two favorites charaters, bleu and gort. But a few others came up to the call. Luke becomes a tank, dimingo is outstanding with his ice magic, zylo just becomes god like, Hanzou made it in my heart after he learned desoul, ken if ye keep him through the whole game he becomes a very hard hitting knight, Arthur becomes the number one knight when he learns his magic, Earnest is hard hittin even at a lower level than the rest, Alef of course has awesome magic, and Max he is just a pimp! Especially with his attack when he swings his arm and a blaze of fire erupts on the enemy! Cheesy

Graphics are much better for the game, story line picks up more and tells ye more about Max and his past with Kain, music is alright, the laser eye battle stil sucks (not meaning a crappy battle meaning tough battle) and yet out of all the good things I have found a flaw....Ye can't put in a code to name all the characters. But other than that I couldn't put the game down. Three cheers for Atlas and sega!

"Found my hand, lost my hand, found my hand, lost my hand, found my hand, lost my hand.... hey there's my foot... dammit just lost my hand..."

New Post February 01, 2005, 06:28:20 am
Shining Godzilla *

Quote from: "Shernal"
I have to say that shining force resurection of dark dragon for the gameboyu advance is by all means better than the original. But the card system in the game makes it all but hard. I was displeased with my two favorites charaters, bleu and gort. But a few others came up to the call. Luke becomes a tank, dimingo is outstanding with his ice magic, zylo just becomes god like, Hanzou made it in my heart after he learned desoul, ken if ye keep him through the whole game he becomes a very hard hitting knight, Arthur becomes the number one knight when he learns his magic, Earnest is hard hittin even at a lower level than the rest, Alef of course has awesome magic, and Max he is just a pimp! Especially with his attack when he swings his arm and a blaze of fire erupts on the enemy! Cheesy

Graphics are much better for the game, story line picks up more and tells ye more about Max and his past with Kain, music is alright, the laser eye battle stil sucks (not meaning a crappy battle meaning tough battle) and yet out of all the good things I have found a flaw....Ye can't put in a code to name all the characters. But other than that I couldn't put the game
 down. Three cheers for Atlas and sega!

No 3 cheers for atlas. Fuck sega atlas rules

New Post February 01, 2005, 04:16:47 pm
Shining Something *

Atlas is fucken awesome. They have revamped and created some of the best tactical games ever! (in my opinion)

"Found my hand, lost my hand, found my hand, lost my hand, found my hand, lost my hand.... hey there's my foot... dammit just lost my hand..."

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: