[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
My Sega Saturn Games   (Read 32648 times)
Old Post April 02, 2005, 04:51:56 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

My Sega Saturn Games
You're only about a quarter of the way in, if even that far. I haven't played it for a long time so couldn't say. Loads left, and some really rather excellent stuff to come.

Old Post April 02, 2005, 04:58:58 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

My Sega Saturn Games
Quote from: "Job"
Right now in SFIII i'm in the train battle. Pretty hard trying to save those civilians, and for what? Nothing probably. This game has the best storyline. How far am i from the end? I want to be able to extend this game as much as i can. Smiley

You get 10 EXP for each civilian you save, and the satisfaction of doing The Right Thing. You're ages away from the end as well - you're barely even getting started.

New Post April 03, 2005, 10:33:07 am
Blahian *

My Sega Saturn Games
I don't normally show off any of my collections, but seeing Newts post his Saturn collection in this thread has inspired me to do so as well:

Magic Knights Rayearth
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Croc
Megaman X4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
NBA Jam
Die Hard Trilogy
Darius Gaiden
Command and Conquer
Daytona USA
Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Fighting Vipers
Hexen
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Pandemonium!
Panzer Dragoon
Resident Evil
Robotica
Sega Rally Championship
Shining Force III: Scenario 1
Sonic 3D
Sonic Jam
Sonic R
Street Fighter Alpha II
Virtua Fighter 2
Road Rash
Bootleg Sampler
Madden '97
Bottom of the 9th
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
Road Rash
Grandia (Import)
Shining: The Holy Ark (Import)
Slayers Royal (Import)

I would also order them and describe my impressions on each game, but that requires effort that I lack. Tongue

New Post April 03, 2005, 03:55:06 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

My Sega Saturn Games
Good collection there dude - having Grandia just about atones for the sin of owning Road Rash, Jurassic Park and... eugh... Croc.

I need to get Grandia, I think. How about a swap for... say... my Premium Disc? Wink

New Post April 04, 2005, 04:30:04 am
Shining Dude *

My Sega Saturn Games
Quote from: "Newts"
Good collection there dude - having Grandia just about atones for the sin of owning Road Rash, Jurassic Park and... eugh... Croc.

I need to get Grandia, I think. How about a swap for... say... my Premium Disc? Wink

Didn't Croc get ok reviews? Talking around 70% ish... I thought it was semi-decent. Road Rash was great on the megadrive, never played the saturn version... probably sucks thou.

Grandia is great, and there happens to be an expansion disc too Tongue But Grandia II is good too!

Insert pretentious signiture here.

New Post April 04, 2005, 04:44:42 am
Blahian *

My Sega Saturn Games
Quote from: "Newts"

Ah, but the catch is that these games:

Road Rash
Bootleg Sampler
Madden '97
Bottom of the 9th
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball

Were given to me for free. :lol:

I doubt you'd even let me touch the SFIII Premium Disc let alone swap it. :wink:

I am still on the lookout for more Saturn games when my budget is available. I even almost had a mint condition copy of Albert Odyssey but I bid on it too late. :cry:

And I back what Newts says about Croc. It's the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the pain of playing. I managed to play until the second level, then I shut it off for the last time.

Edit: I mixed Croc with Frogger. I posted this early in the morning so my brain wasn't functioning correctly. :lol:

New Post April 04, 2005, 04:55:43 pm
Job
Shining Light *

My Sega Saturn Games
What does the Premium Disk contain?

New Post April 04, 2005, 06:06:07 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

My Sega Saturn Games
It allows you to form a squad from all three Scenarios for special battles against enemies including Darksol and Dark Dragon.

You can also look at loads of character and town artwork, including some things which didn't get into the full game (at one point, I was going to steal the ideas for SOnline Tongue)

There's also a sound test and the chance to look at all the 3D animation in the game for all models, including enemies, different promotions, different weapons and so on.

It's really quite a beautiful disc I would never, ever consider parting with.

Oh, and there's a "save creator", so you can answer some questions and it creates a save file for Scenario III based on your answers.

Albert Odyssey has been on my "that looks nice" list for some time, but as it never got a PAL release it's quite hard to track down over here. My favourite UK Saturn shop got bought-out before Christmas and hasn't resurfaced since, and I'm not paying ~?50 for an import copy if I can help it.

Also, what did I say about Frogger? I must've missed that post.

New Post April 04, 2005, 09:05:20 pm
Blahian *

My Sega Saturn Games
Sorry, I mixed Croc with Frogger. I posted this early in the morning so my brain wasn't functioning correctly. :lol:

New Post April 05, 2005, 04:22:36 pm
Job
Shining Light *

My Sega Saturn Games
Damn it, i missed out on some ruins.

New Post April 12, 2005, 11:17:19 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

My Sega Saturn Games
I suppose getting a frog and a crocodile confused is fairly easy Tongue It's one of those games I often find myself thinking "I'll give it another go - it can't be that bad, surely", but when I play it and use that horrible control scheme, which is completely unresponsive and directionless, I sort of lose the urge to see the good in it.

Job - by my calculations, you should've finished SFIII by now. How did you find it?

New Post April 17, 2005, 12:24:27 am
Shining Dude *

My Sega Saturn Games
hoho I have my Premium Disk right here Cheesy

And better yet, its on my pc so I can't even scratch the thing if I even tried XD

New Post April 18, 2005, 04:14:20 pm
Job
Shining Light *

My Sega Saturn Games
Don't be ridiculous Newts, i fight every battle at least four times Smiley . I just got Penn and am levelling him up. Also, i keep getting a "CD Read Error" in my stupid emulator which seems unfixable. This happens about every ten minutes and forces me to restart, which, after 44 hours of gameplay equates to 264 unwanted restarts. It also bothers me that everytime i do something meaningful i have to immediatly save it lest the error come up and force me to do everything again.  :x
It's so typical that i finally get to play SFIII which i've waited so long for, and i can't enjoy it for more than ten minutes at a time.  :cry:

New Post May 04, 2005, 05:46:09 pm
Shining Dude *

My Sega Saturn Games
What emulator are you running?

Try Cassini - its still available on zophar.net, you have to have a bios though Wink

Or, use Alcohol 120%/Daemon tools to mount the image, instead of playing a burned cd...

New Post May 11, 2005, 08:20:57 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

My Sega Saturn Games

I think that's all of them. I've bought loads more stuff since the second picture was taken - an extra gun, a multi-tap, an extra (somewhat unreliable) memory cartridge and other stuff. There are also my Shining games missing from the bottom picture, of course.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: