[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
USA - interfering bastards   (Read 45371 times)
Old Post March 09, 2005, 01:43:41 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

USA - interfering bastards
Read this headline -
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/09/ireland.sinnfein.reut/

Is there anything the US won't interfere with? Didn't they used to actually provide the IRA with weapons? Anyway, they're basically saying that the IRA should disband because they threatened to kill someone, as opposed to all the times they've ACTUALLY killed people. Why step in now?

Considering the US's ongoing human rights exercise that is Guantanomo Bay, I'm surprised this bothers them. Maybe it's just because they don't want him shot - tortured or electric chaired would probably be fine.

Old Post March 09, 2005, 04:22:42 pm
Shining Asteroid *

Yeah, as I've said numerous times before...we suck.

I don't much like our government either, but there's nothing I can do...yet.
(continues building weapons)

New Post March 09, 2005, 06:59:30 pm
Shining Light *

Please don't blame my dumbass president on me.  Most of the Americans with any sense aren't old enough to vote yet.  Adults are all republicans because they're left over from the "old days".  And Bush makes all christians look like gay-bashing assholes.
Land of the misconcieved.

i>never knows best

New Post March 09, 2005, 07:05:45 pm
Blahian *

New Post March 09, 2005, 11:27:21 pm
Shining Dude *

Last time I heard the U.S. was not perfect.

Sort out your own problems, before you interfere with other countries.

Insert pretentious signiture here.

New Post March 09, 2005, 11:44:21 pm
Blahian *

Here's the the truth, like it or not ok.

If we get involved, you bitch whine and complain. (you = world)
If we don't get involved, you bitch whine and complain.
If we do too little, you bitch whine and complain.
If we do something wrong, you bitch whine and complain.
If we do something right, you STILL find something to bitch whine and complain about.

The way I see it, when your countries do even a third of what we do... send money out, send food out, keep third world countires alive... then you can talk shit.

So just stop it, remember the old saying...

"Aruging on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded."

New Post March 10, 2005, 01:11:26 am
Shining Light *

Holland is plotting mass destruction so i think the US will invade us soon too.

Anyways, i can''t stand Adolf Bush too

I can't remember what i was trying to forget

New Post March 10, 2005, 02:44:39 am
Shining Mullet *

Quote from: "Kusgam"
Here's the the truth, like it or not ok.

If we do something right, you STILL find something to bitch whine and complain about.

The way I see it, when your countries do even a third of what we do... send money out, send food out, keep third world countires alive... then you can talk shit.

So just stop it, remember the old saying...

"Aruging on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded."

Bravo.

Ive got the feeling this country will never be 100% happy with anything that will ever happen in our lifetimes. As far as Nuclear warfare goes, its almost happened once. It may happen again, although i sort-of doubt it.
Frankly im scared shitless of competing with China for natural resources....

New Post March 10, 2005, 10:46:15 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I'm not looking for an argument. All I'm saying is that they've turned a blind eye to it for long enough, and now they've decided to get involved; I was just curious why they chose now, that's all. Have a look at this article, and particularly the chronology halfway down - click me!. The IRA have been killing people for decades, and the UK has been trying to forge a peace deal for goodness knows how long, so why should the US order them to disband (as if they would anyway, but I digress)? A quick look at this chronology tells me that they've had a go at this before with the support of the UK Government in a joint statement, but now they want to have another go.

Kusgam, what's with the "USA against the world" attitude? How do you think that came to pass?

Calm down everyone - I'm not having a go at you, I'm just openly wondering why the US chose now, when they've been murdering people for longer than most of us here have been alive.

New Post March 10, 2005, 02:49:28 pm
Shining Dude *

Thats because your getting involved in the wrong things, maybe you should try geting involved with Kyoto? The IRA is a problem, but Britain has been dealing with it - we are not a run down 3rd world country that needs help - for that matter neither are Ireland.

Iraq - invlolved for the wrong reasons. WMA did not exist.

Like Kyoto.
This is usually when you are asked to help wioth something, for a country that likes to jump out about its convictions to helping everyone else, how come when your asked you do jack?

Obviously; nothing like constructive criticism.

If we thought everything was fine and dandy, nothing would get done.

Hasn't happened yet under Bush.

Erm... we do that stuff also, I wouldn't be surprised if on a similar % of GDP too...

New Post March 10, 2005, 03:37:01 pm
Shining Asteroid *

Blah Blah Blah, this topic now falls into my I-don't-care-so-this-topic-is-boring section.

Have a nice day!

New Post March 10, 2005, 04:52:47 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Thanks for that, Noma.

I really didn't intend for this to become an America-bashing thread, so leave the bile out, everyone. The world is not a competition - it doesn't matter one iota who gives more money to third world countries, or who sends out more food, or who houses more immigrants.

One thing I do agree with is the mention of the Kyoto treaty, and the Bush administration's refusal to curb its emissions. In my opinion, if they wanted to make the world a safer place in the long term, they'd do well to change their thinking when it comes to global warming and so on.

My original question which still stands is "why are the US bringing it up now?". As I've said, Britain has been trying to negotiate with Sinn Fein and the IRA for countless years, with amnesties, talks, deals and so on. If the US want the IRA to disband or throw down their weapons, maybe they should send a dedicated team of negotiators across to work with the British Government in trying to forge a peace deal. These things don't just happen because someone says "you, drop your guns" - you have to make them happen. If the USA helped in the peace process and managed to get the IRA to stand down, I would be all in favour of it, but only if they go through accepted channels and worked with the British Government, instead of trying to be the maverick cop who plays by his own rules.

And Saiy - they didn't find any WMAs in Iraq because they all use mp3 players. Boom boom.

New Post March 10, 2005, 06:58:43 pm
Shining Dude *

Quote from: "Newts"
In my opinion, if they wanted to make the world a safer place in the long term, they'd do well to change their thinking when it comes to global warming and so on.

My original question which still stands is "why are the US bringing it up now?".

1. Your opinion is scientific fact
2. It's bush-for-brains policy to stamp out terror - ira is his next target, not like they'd ever endanger the us like s.korea... perhaps they have wma's in their ipods?

@notz heh;)

New Post March 10, 2005, 09:18:20 pm
Shining Mullet *

To actually provide a possible answer instead of rhetoric:

Perhaps we are just so accustomed to getting our way that we feel the threat of any sort of force from America would be enough to convince people to take the suggested action.

I agree that we taking that sort of stance is like going to a football game and yelling at your team's keeper to 'Stop the ball'. Sort-of a "No Shit Sherlock" kindof statement..you follow?

I dont think that this current administration beleives in words and negotiation much anymore, Even if it did take time im sure you guys could use any assitance in the IRA matter.

EDIT: As far as this Kyoto thing goes..im completely in the dark. If anyone has a link that would be appriciated. I havnt watched US news since im tired of hearing about the Michael Jackson case.....

New Post March 10, 2005, 11:34:51 pm
Blahian *

Its only because I'm in the military. I get so much more shit because of it.

I leave websites because of this retardedness.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: