[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Violent games   (Read 51349 times)
Old Post August 31, 2004, 06:04:24 pm
Shining Mullet *

Violent games
I think its stupid to try to maintain the innocence of children..you mid as well open them up to reality while you can still control their environment.
People can die in the most horrific ways..for some in the world its a fact of life (readin' the recent BBC stories). I often wonder what they'd do with the information, the idea that the world is not fun nor is it easy. That things arent always solved at the end of the episode, and that when you loose an arm you cant put it back.

Anyways..ontopic:

Ive always felt that these murders are the result of stupid parents that dont know what the hell their child is doing. If anyone would take a game's interpretation of action and turn it into a reality already requires some medical help.
I feel sorry for the family's loss, but many have tried to fight the video game industry and ive yet to hear a win/settlement. Money wont help replace a loss like that..you mid as well become activists for parents to talk to their kids and get an idea of what exactly is going on in their life.

Old Post August 31, 2004, 09:44:37 pm
Shining Light *

Violent games
hear hear.
A lawsuit is no substitute for good parenting!

i>never knows best

Old Post September 01, 2004, 12:10:27 am
bEn
Shining Light *

Violent games
Well you don't need to bath kids in blood IMHO.
I don't miss a game like Rise of the triad where you had to shoot unarmed people begging for their life....
I think it's a parents duty to control the violence a kid should consume. Sadly in todays world many parents lack this responsibility so state has to jump in the break.

t's not like I really care

Old Post September 01, 2004, 08:34:15 am
Shining Something *

Violent games
I confess I'm playing Mario Kart every day...
Yet, I don't throw any turtle shells on cars taking over me when I drive....
Maybe I should, and sue Nintendo?

hining Odyssey under devlopment: http://mapage.noos.fr/zylokh

Old Post September 01, 2004, 11:22:11 am
bEn
Shining Light *

Violent games
Ah that's an argument as sharp as the "Mr. Manson caused Littleton" argument. I strongly believe that a stable mind isn't influenced by violence of any kind.

Nevertheless I also believe that by living in a democratic state you agree into certain human rights which should never be broken, even not digital - at least if it is uncommented. I mean Nazi's, antisemites or even violence that violates as I mentioned before ain't anything that should be allowed to get any possibility to get public.

In Germany our Nazi try successful to gain members by spreading out their music and computergames in schools which is an absolute proof that the youth can be influenced by this stuff.

One might discuss ages and other details but the general restriction is OK IMHO - especially as it basically just enables parents to control what their youth can play/hear/see and hopefully they will act more responsible then....

Old Post September 01, 2004, 11:49:43 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Violent games
I work with kids, and I see them copying things they've seen on TV and Video Games all the time. Most of it is pretty harmless, but there's a few times I get a little worried.

It's not really a case of if they're influenced, just how much. A stable mind and their surroundings all come into play just as much as what they see on the screen.

Old Post September 02, 2004, 12:36:12 am
Blahian *

Violent games
It is understandeble,But In some countryes they just don?t give a damn to hide he evil and real world of today from kids,what a pity.

Everything wil be fine tomorow!"

Old Post September 02, 2004, 03:33:32 am
Shining Light *

Violent games
if you hide things from kids, they won't be able to cope with it when reality slaps them in the face.
It's important that kids be exposed to things of this sort, but in a controlled environment where a trusted adult can explain things to them.
also, chaos is spelled with an "H"

i>never knows best

Old Post September 02, 2004, 12:45:34 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

Violent games
Well it's not about hiding the world but about giving infos at a point the kid can cope with it. It's basically like taking a 6 year old to a gangbang. You simply don't do that as the kid could not deal with it.
Or with another example you would not discuss politcs with a 6 year old either. Not because it would hurt but because it just knows fuck all about it.

Old Post September 02, 2004, 01:06:58 pm
Shining Something *

Violent games
Quote from: "Mage of Blackest Night"

And your computer has a Shift key.

Old Post September 02, 2004, 03:14:02 pm
Shining Light *

Violent games
Quote from: "bEn"

In Germany our Nazi try successful to gain members by spreading out their music and computergames in schools which is an absolute proof that the youth can be influenced by this stuff.

No they are influenced by the people

I can't remember what i was trying to forget

Old Post September 07, 2004, 06:21:59 pm
Blahian *

Violent games
Quote from: "Tomahawk"
Quote from: "Mage of Blackest Night"

And your computer has a Shift key.
Whatever,I?m not english.

Everything wil be fine tomorow!"

Old Post September 07, 2004, 07:21:46 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Violent games
Neither are those two Tongue

I, however, am, and I will pick mercilessly at your spelling, punctuation and grammar whenever I see fit. Happy posting Tongue

Old Post September 07, 2004, 08:16:21 pm
Shining Mullet *

Violent games
I will wiggle my glutious to form blurry patterns that will both dazzle and boggle the mind!!

muhuhahaha!  :lol:

Old Post September 07, 2004, 08:39:22 pm
Shining Godzilla *

Violent games
Video games can influence youth today. They play a game and think what happens in it is cool. Thats why certain games are rated MA. They're meant to be played by an older audience rather then some 10 year old that will be influenced by them. Hounestly i think that if you're over the age of 14 you should be able to play any video game you want and it won't make you go kill people.

If you play alot of pen pong will you start hitting penguins with pattles?

DDDDD    EEEEE  RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R      R     P       P  !!!
D        D   EEEE    RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R    R       P
DDDDD    EEEEE  R      R     P            !!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: