[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print
SOnline   (Read 229559 times)
Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:15:51 pm
Blahian *

SOnline
well, I'd better make another contribution to help you guys out, purely cos I want to see a character of myself on there, lol Tongue

*pokes newts*

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:16:30 pm
Blahian *

SOnline
Hi
I'm not going to pretend that I've been lurking here for years (because I haven't) and I'm not going to pretend that I knew about this project before Omar and Newts meantioned it.

But I will say that I think it's a shame that any fan project stops when it has such an eager audience. Heck, Omar's so eager you could be forgiven for thinking he was 10 people.

If you don't make this, you just know he won't stop talking about it until you do.
Not that he would stop talking about it then either, but at least he'll be in a better mood.

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:18:04 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

SOnline
**Gives Ian the Newts evils**

I realise some people posting on this topic might never have played Shining Online before, so here's the last demo we ever released. It's buggy but has got shitloads of charm.

So, for their benefit, download the demo -> HERE <-

I'm not saying SOnline - if it comes back - will look like that, but it should certainly play like that. A finer approximation of the Shining style you will not find ANYWHERE.

EDIT: Chris, that's by far the most accurate and sensible post Ye Olde Blah has ever seen, and I salute you for it. We had quite a fanbase - on Demo 4 Launch Day, Seanikins awaited the release by occupying our chatroom for close to twelve hours, which is a gargantuan feat, really. It'd be worth completing just to repay some of his and Omar's faith and hope.

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:19:51 pm
dffs
Guest Logged
SOnline
dfaagerer klala fkjl;ern;klsnkldn;dflfld;f;al
yo

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:20:07 pm
Shining Mullet *

SOnline
it is indeed rather smoothe and flows well Smiley

just wish i could exact my vengence on some of the zealots at the shrine

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:21:56 pm
Anonymous
Guest Logged
SOnline
Help! Love Bufffy.

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:33:03 pm
Blahian *

SOnline
Quote from: "Newts"
Chris, that's by far the most accurate and sensible post Ye Olde Blah has ever seen, and I salute you for it. We had quite a fanbase - on Demo 4 Launch Day, Seanikins awaited the release by occupying our chatroom for close to twelve hours, which is a gargantuan feat, really. It'd be worth completing just to repay some of his and Omar's faith and hope.

Trust me, it is worth it with any fanwork, even if you post it somewhere and forget about it.
I once had a complete stranger come up to me online and say "hey, you're the guy that wrote that PSO FAQ".

You'd be surprised the amount of times people will say, "I'm bored, give me something to do", see a link that someone has posted or get to your site via an internet search, and then bang, you've got another fan.

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:38:42 pm
Shining Mullet *

SOnline
surely he who gets the 100th post will be lucky indeed

hope its me...actually no..i'll ENSURE that it is me!!

*grabbing pipe-o-justice*

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:45:47 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

SOnline
Chris - I used to get quite a lot of people talking to me about it on AIM and MSN, and through here. Mostly people that found links/did searches and all that. We had quite a big fanbase at the time, but the Shining scene has sort of displaced in recent times, so we're a bit thin on members at the moment. I'm sure a revitalised Shining Online would bring them back!

Sean - you're quite welcome to the 100th post, mate. I don't want to see anyone get hurt... Wink

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:50:05 pm
neelix
Guest Logged
SOnline
neelix was here Cheesy

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:54:36 pm
Anonymous
Guest Logged
SOnline
DO IT!

Old Post May 11, 2005, 11:57:20 pm
Shining Mullet *