The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
{Graphics} Sprite   (Read 27270 times)
Old Post June 07, 2004, 12:37:33 am
Blahian *

{Graphics} Sprite
http://www.freewebs.com/sillypaul/paul.bmp

Alright, I want to start off by saying, heres the answer to your question McPhisto. Next, I want to say I should be updating this frequently. Third, I know its small but its going to be for GBA.

Now, I think I want to start a small project here. I think my graphics will go for a great game but I want to program in C. If anyone knows C and want to go through the troubles of teaching me some of it I'll start a project. Any cretiques or questions of the project please post or email. UbeltaterSchatten@Hotmail.com

Update 1: Redrew third frame first direction. I'm happy with it. I started the second direction but I'm not happy with the shoulders and body. The feet arn't to shabby either. Its late so I'll fix it up tomorrow, enjoy.

Old Post June 08, 2004, 10:58:29 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

{Graphics} Sprite
It's a nice sprite, but 18*32 is a bit of a strange size, isn't it? Anyway, one thing you could work on is that the head doesn't move as the character walks. Even a slight side-to-side movement would improve it, as at the moment it doesn't look as if it's a part of the character as a whole. Perhaps a little bob up and down too? Apart from that, it's a nicely detailed sprite, well done Smiley

Old Post June 09, 2004, 07:39:53 am
Shining Something *

{Graphics} Sprite
I don't know how many of these you intend to draw, but I wish you good luck and patience...

hining Odyssey under devlopment: http://mapage.noos.fr/zylokh

Old Post June 09, 2004, 09:35:48 am
Shining Star *

{Graphics} Sprite
Lookin good Gustave. If you want to be part of a project, would you want to come on board with Shining Valour? It'd be nice to have all the gfx redone Tongue. Let me know either way!

hining Valour Website:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~clark4/

Old Post June 09, 2004, 03:30:55 pm
Blahian *

{Graphics} Sprite
I tried to make the head move actually but hes to small it looks really weird, maybe I'll think of something. Um, I like your project a lot McPhisto but I'm really just intrested in a C project. Unless you want to convert Shining Valour to C. :-P I got exams next week by the way so I don't have a lot of time to draw, maybe sometime this week I'll finish the next direction but the back and side is very hard. Anyway, thanks for the comments, keep em commin'. :-)

Old Post June 09, 2004, 05:02:57 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

{Graphics} Sprite
No offence intended, but what difference does the language make if you're only going to be doing the graphics? Trust me, there's a real shortage of decent SF-style spriters around, and I'm sure you could help improve the projects around here. Still, if you only want to sprite for a C project, that's your choice Smiley

Old Post June 09, 2004, 06:55:02 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

{Graphics} Sprite
Well I'd even go one step further Newts - if you don't already know C - I wouldn't use it for my project - it's a long way till you get the first results.

Anyway - I know C++ quite well so I would answer you any question you have - tho I am not so common with the C memory management - as you get around that when using pure c++.....

BTW as far as I know there are are several C/C++ projects going on:
Zylokh (Shining Odyssey), Cortez, myself (SF:TA) and probably Noma who might start his Shining Force Creation using C/C++...

t's not like I really care

Old Post June 09, 2004, 07:09:38 pm
Blahian *

{Graphics} Sprite
Actually, I want to learn to program C. I know Delphi/VB/QB very good so its not like a complete forign language I'm just not used to not using an object oriented language. GFX are not the only thing I'm good at, I've been around for awhile. :-P They're just my expertie.

Anyway bEn, if you would care to teach me some basics of C++ I would be happy to learn because my main confusion is not of the syntax but mainly just the fact its not object oriented so I can never understand why I do this, why I do that etc. if you know what I mean, curse my bad English. :-(

Noma, if you know C/C++ good please pm me, maybe I'll concider doing gfx for your project. If you teach me some C/C++ in return. :-P

Old Post June 09, 2004, 11:53:04 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

{Graphics} Sprite
As I said I'll be happy to provide any help. Maybe we should either switch to PM, Mail or IM as it might be a bit boring for the rest of the world.

Old Post June 10, 2004, 07:49:40 am
Shining Something *

{Graphics} Sprite
C++ is not object-oriented?
Holy Cows, I had thought the opposite for 2 years...
Well, I'm still using it for Shining odyssey, no matter if it is object-oriented or not, now that I have started with it...

Old Post June 10, 2004, 10:01:17 am
bEn
Shining Light *

{Graphics} Sprite
Cheesy  *smile*  Cheesy
Well I guess you got Gustave wrong - he just said that his problems with C (he means C++ to be precise  - an annoying person would point out that C itself is NOT object oriented :wink: ) is its object orientation.

Old Post June 10, 2004, 12:44:24 pm
Shining Something *

{Graphics} Sprite
I'm objectively totally disoriented...

Old Post June 10, 2004, 09:24:15 pm
Blahian *

{Graphics} Sprite
Is that what I said? Oh, I ment to say the problem is it isn't object oriented.

Old Post June 12, 2004, 04:33:21 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

{Graphics} Sprite
What remains:

C++ rules! Obey or be destructed!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: