[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
LGU Newsletter   (Read 89817 times)
Old Post August 12, 2006, 10:51:27 am
Shining Mullet *

LGU Newsletter
by all means mate Smiley the LGUnited Franchise fully endorses your aims.

Also speedpost this sarah my way eh? *cheesy purring*  :lol:

You look great too, might get me some Newts to go with that Wink

*worshipps* i am not worthy!

-Seani

Old Post August 24, 2006, 10:46:30 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

LGU Newsletter
Landgraff United's Konami Cup campaign got off to a disappointing start today with a heart-wrenching 2-1 loss to visiting Real Betis.

After falling a goal down in the 27th minute to a spectacular Oliveira diving header, LGU threatened the opposition penalty area numerous times, coming closest with a Lewbrant thunderbolt just before the half-time whistle sent the visitors in a goal ahead.

Coach Miguel Trincado Settier must have rallied the players at half time, as within five minutes the hosts were awarded a penalty right in front of their loyal supporters. Marco Hoogstrate decided to take over from regular set-piece expert Steen Rud Risum, and would have been disappointed to see his spot kick saved by Contreras in the Betis goal. However, LGU kept the pressure on and, after a quick cross from the right William Pierce popped up in the six yard box to head the ball straight across goal and inside the far post. The Landgraff Arena exploded, LGU's celebrations in front of their own fans were ecstatic.

After the restart the game was a very scrappy affair with neither side holding onto possession too well. LGU applied some pressure to win a series of corners but failed to make use of them, and when Betis broke to the other end the defence gave away a needless foul. A quickly-taken free kick saw Betis ace Fernando sneak in around the back to tuck the ball away and make the game 2-1 in the 87th minute. Landgraff United's loyal fans, so buoyant after their team's equaliser, were now solemnly silent as the small group of Spanish fans celebrated.

Despite a late chance for LGU the final whistle blew on the game at 2-1 to Betis. A disappointed Miguel Trincado Settier told me he was proud of his players despite the result.

"I thought we showed tremendous heart to get back into the game at 1-1 when we could have given up. We were unlucky with some of our chances, and I think we gave away a sloppy second goal, but sometimes things just don't go your way. It's just part of the game. We'll be better-prepared for our second game next week."

LGU now face an uphill struggle to qualify from Group 1, but hopefully coach Settier's enthusiasm will rub off on his players in time for their next match.

Old Post September 18, 2006, 09:11:02 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

LGU Newsletter
Landgraff United 3 - 0 Somesterrine

LGU's cup campaign was fully back on track today after an impressive 3-0 win against highly-fancied French team Somesterrine.

The enormous noise of the loyal Landgraffites made the LGU Arena a foreboding place for the travelling fans, and within just two minutes the massive stadium was even louder, as fan favourite Binoth Rooijmans capitalised on an early defensive error to curl a shot around the keeper from close range.

Seven minutes later his strike partner Peter Lewbrant had doubled the advantage with another impressive strike. Closed down by two defenders on the edge of the box, Lewbrant still managed to squeeze a shot from outside the box between the two and around the diving keeper.

LGU's dominance was telling for the next twenty minutes, as they pulled their opponents' defence around searching for an opening. They nearly scored a spectacular third; Janot in the Somesterrine goal was clearly confused when Steen Rud Risum's long-range shot bobbled off the pitch, but his relief was obvious when the ball came back off the base of the post.

Patrick Curtis had little to do but receive the ball from the ballboys following a few unconvincing attacks from the visitors, the most troubling coming in the 34th minute when Hellebuyck struck, but Curtis was equal to it.

Going in at 2-0 up, LGU coach Miguel Trincado Settier must have been on cloud nine, but would have been fuming when Fernando Adinolfi received a yellow card for a reckless tackle from behind on the troublesome Hellebuyck, who had a good chance from the resulting free kick that Curtis was glad to see pass the goal. Adinolfi continued to walk a tightrope for the remainder of the game, being wisely substituted in the 75th minute.

Settier's shouting from the touchline must have spurred on his players, as they built up another attack. Jonsson and Sorensson linked up well, before feeding William Pierce on the edge of the box, who hit a crisp low shot past three defenders and into the bottom corner of the goal for 3-0 to a dominant Landgraff United.

LGU were satisfied with playing a defensive game for the remainder of the match, confident that their three vital points in this group stage were secure. At the back, Hoogstrate and Sorensson were strong and co-ordinated, and the famous midfield of Prince, Pierce, Delgado and Rud Risum made a magnificent showing with tireless running, playmaking and covering each others' runs.

Perhaps it could be Landgraff United's year after all.

Old Post September 19, 2006, 03:08:46 am
Shining Mullet *

LGU Newsletter
Most Excellent!

Beat those frenchies, show 'em they cant push us around!

this is rather exciting and well documented Cheesy its fun!

Old Post September 22, 2006, 10:21:16 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

LGU Newsletter
Tonight's match against R.C.D. Espanyol kicks off in a few minutes. With LGU without key midfielder William Pierce, replaced by young Kevin Karkfeld, how will they fare?

11pm

R.C.D. Espanyol 0 - 3 Landgraff United

LGU progressed to the next stage of the Konami Cup this evening with a commanding 3-0 victory against Spanish champions Espanyol.

As early as the 10th minute, Rooijmans stole a yard from his marker and confidently slotted across the face of goal to take his team into the lead. Ten minutes later, his strike partner Peter Lewbrant perfectly showed his team's "never say die" attitude by pressing the Espanyol fullbacks, pinching the ball in the eighteen-yard box and pushing it past the goalkeeper for two-nil.

Landgraff United totally dominated the first half, deflating their opponents' attacks resulting in a very impressive zero shots on goal for the home team. Miguel Trincado Settier's pairing of Hoogstrate and Adinolfi in central defence has been the rock of his team's recovery from that disappointing early defeat in the first game; with strength, awareness and good communication, this is a first-rate defensive partnership that Settier will do well to keep hold of. With growing crowds and interest in LGU's Konami Cup, it is surely a matter of time before a more wealthy club comes in with a generous bid for one - or both - of these two.

After the restart LGU came out as they had finished the half, putting pressure on the opposition and challenging for every ball. Unfortunately Lars Jonsson got a little carried away, resulting in a booking for a rash challenge in the 64th minute.

Despite all their good play, LGU didn't have this game all their own way, and with fifteen minutes to go David Garcia brought down first-time starter Marcel Vanderzyppe. Vanderzyppe was immediately stretchered from the pitch and played no further part in this game; after the game, physios revealed he had torn a hamstring and will be out for eight weeks, ruining his Konami Cup after just an hour and a quarter of play.

With Vanderzyppe injured and an already-weakened bench, Settier was forced to bring William Pierce onto the pitch, despite intentionally resting him from this game to allow him to recuperate. This proved a smart move on Settier's part, but had LGU failed to qualify having had their most influential midfielder available but rested, surely Settier would be feeling the heat from the LGU fans.

Back on the pitch, the resulting free kick was some thirty or more yards from goal, and with set piece man Vanderzyppe off the field, LGU were forced to improvise. Delgado tapped the ball across to Lewbrant, who unleashed a wicked curling right-foot shot that totally deceived Kameni in the Espanyol goal, hitting the net inside the top-right corner, another great goal from this rapidly-developing forward, putting him joint second in the competition's top goalscorer list.

At 3-0 up, LGU were cruising, although four serious goalscoring opportunities within seven minutes proves there was no slacking. Settier has done well to instil a tremendous attitude in his squad, who kept playing right until the final whistle signalled their passage into the elimination stage of the Konami Cup.

It's been said before, but with a well-rested team on form, LGU could certainly challenge for the top honour in this competition. Finishing second in their group, LGU now come up against Atletico Osasuna in the quarter final stage. Keep it tuned here for more!

Old Post October 12, 2006, 11:23:40 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

LGU Newsletter
Landgraff United vs. Atletico Osasuna

Miguel Trincado Settier's rising stars take on the experienced Spanish strong hands in the first elimination round of the Konami Cup. Forced to rest regular keeper Curtis and midfield inspiration Delgado, how will Settier's partly reshuffled team fare in the pressure cooker of the second round?

An early passage of play in the fourth minute saw Peter Lewbrant threaded into the penalty area by strike partner Binoth Rooijmans, but opposition keeper Sanzol saw the danger early and intercepted the pass. Lewbrant was put through again less than five minutes later when Rud Risum's vision caught the striker unmarked in the box, but the referee's assistant raised his flag with a controversial decision that brought hoots of displeasure from the home fans. TV replays showed Lewbrant's right leg had strayed just beyond the last defender, justifying the decision.

Pierce found himself free on the left with ten minutes played and checked inside before taking a fierce shot at goal that looked nearer than it actually was. Although a formidable striker of the ball, even Pierce would have been fortunate to see that optimistic shot swing into the net.

Kevin Karkfeld had impressed in the previous game and so won another starting place, and was unlucky not to put his team ahead early on. A magnificent turn on the edge of the box put him clean away from his marker, but his right-foot shot was rather tamely hit and Sanzol pushed it around the post for a corner. Rooijmans shouted at the youngster, gesticulating at his feet as he was some eight yards out, unmarked and rather more of a natural goalscorer than Karkfeld.

Not all the action was around the Osasuna goal, however. Sorensson almost landed his team in all manner of trouble when a soft pass to the Dejesus was intercepted by Aloisi, but he was unable to control the ball and it bobbled away from him for a goal kick.

LGU quickly broke down the other end and when Rud Risum picked the unmarked Prince out in the box with a chipped ball the LGU fans rose as one. Prince's first header ballooned upwards, buying the Osasuna defence time to bring numbers back and clear the danger. Sighs and groans rippled around the fans; the atmosphere in the stadium was different today, not one of patient hope but impatient expectation. After the last two excellent displays LGU fans' hope has given way to belief that this year they have the quality.

They endured a nervous thirty seconds as Osasuna had three real chances, all caused by poor passing play from LGU defenders, but thnakfully for the increasingly frazzled supporters Dejesus was bright and aware in his first start to take care of the danger.

The half-time whistle did little to calm the supporters' nerves. For the first time this season, I heard derisive whistles in the LGU Arena, and so set about to interview some of the fans to see what they thought of their team so far.

"I think we've had the better of the game, we haven't had many clear chances but with the players we've got all it takes is a Lewbrant shot or a Rooijmans header and it's 1-0," self-entitled uberfan James Newton told me. When I asked him about the boos at half-time, he replied "I think all the press attention we've been getting has boosted our profile and maybe now we're getting a few more non-fans at the games, people who expect three goals a game. We're a small club on a cup run, you know? Let's be realistic here."

The boos were quieter but still noticeable when the teams took to the field for the second half. The real jeers, however, came when Rooijmans finally shook off his marker and burst into the penalty area. With Rud Risum and Peter Lewbrant both free and waiting for a pass, the referee mystifyingly blew his whistle to signal a free kick to Osasuna, making a pushing motion as the players expressed their total disbelief.

LGU had their clearest chance of the day when Lewbrant found himself in half a yard on the edge of the box and let off one of his increasingly-famous right-foot shots, but somehow an Osasuna defender got across to cover. The rebounding ball fell to Prince on the goal line, and his cross fizzed across the six-yard area just inches above Rooijmans' desperate leap. The fans' reaction told you they were beginning to believe it just wasn't their day.

In the 80th minute, this feeling swelled. The usually strong defensive team of Adinolfi and Hoogstrate were nowhere to be seen as Aloisi was put clean through, and not even Dejesus's sprint and lunge could prevent him from trickling the ball into the empty goal for 0-1.

As the final whistle blew, the half-time boos had disappeared, replaced by absolute stunned silence.

Landgraff United 0 - 1 Atletico Osasuna

Old Post January 15, 2007, 09:29:10 pm
Shining Mullet *

Re: LGU Newsletter
Kabump!

I suck at keeping up with this but im going to give it another go!

At present LGU is having to face up to its ongoing budget crisis. David Delgado is singlehandedly dragging the team down into bankrupcy with his incredibly high demands for wages. As unfortunate as it will be he must be transferlisted and gotten rid of. The Spanish Fireball was brought into LGU with the highest of hopes, under Toni Anero's wing his skills handling the ball up the midfield quickly rose to insurmountable levels. Once handed the torch down from Toni, David surpassed all of our expectations. His ability to quickly burst into action weaving and slipping through the opposition's defensive line is nothing short of impressive. David could read the field well and spent most of his time just outside of the box.
His skills seemed to be firmly tested when starting forward Binoth Roojimans was brought into the states from the Netherlands. Never before had David such an opportunity to send passes through into and over the box, and if struck well the forward had no trouble at all tipping it just under the bar with his headers and breathtaking aerial volleys.

The hard-hitting formula of LGU's midfield line will surely miss David as his bags are packed. We as a club however salute him and honor him with a plaque in our clubhouse. We wish him nothing but the best in what remains of his career. He will be sorely missed.

Old Post January 19, 2007, 11:15:59 pm
Shining Mullet *

Stocks are up!
With the departure of David Delgado and Fernando Adinolfi from the club it seems LGU is back in the black. Regrettably much damage has been done to its midfield line as a result of the transfers, putting the club's future in V.203 in jeapordy. In a club newsletter statement head coach Miguel Trincado Settier released this:

"Although we are left with upcoming talent to field our lineup this is by no means any direct cause for panic. We as a club have been through quite alot as a team and shall endure this just as well. I am confident that LGU can and will bounce back with more in-depth tactics and cunning strategies. We are not just a one-trick-pony, nor are we a slave to our higher priced players. Each and everyone on the lineup is important, and this is their chance to show it."

With the aquisition of new trainees LGU has begun to fill in the holes left by the departed players. Names of the newly aquired will be released in due time as their talents are weighed and measured.

The best news to come out of all of this is that LGU's club funds are most definately back up on top. The club is here to stay.

Old Post January 21, 2007, 03:50:14 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Glad to hear you've recouped some money mate - I'm sure you'll invest it wisely and bring more top talent to LGU!

I've posted the LGU newsletter on my website with a couple of images, and if I get back into Pro Evolution I'll have another go at forging LGU into Konami Cup champions. Until then, you can read all about their last campaign here.

GO LGU!

Old Post January 21, 2007, 07:41:58 pm
Shining Mullet *

Thats awesome mate! I would leave a comment but it seems the internet gods have denied me Sad

I'll keep up with the news here Smiley hope its enjoyed!

Testing Glow Feature

Old Post January 23, 2007, 07:44:44 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

LGU CUP CAMPAIGN KICKS OFF

It's that time of year again when LGU fans can expect to find fingernail shavings in their Bovril as their underdog heroes prepare to take on the best of the world's club teams in the prestigious Konami Cup.

Coach Miguel Trincado Settier's team won many neutrals' hearts last year with a run of brave performances against technically-superior opponents, only to lose 0-1 to Atletico Osasuna in the heartbreaking quarter-final.

New lineup

After the extra attention Settier did well to retain most of his key players from last year, particularly the impressive double-team of Lewbrant and Rooijmans, but there have been departures in key areas. Marco Hoogstrate's defensive partner Fernando Adinolfi and sometimes controversial midfielder David Delgado both left the club in the past seven days, and their experience will be sorely missed this time around, particularly as both have been replaced by unknown teenage players; Terrell Maxwell joins Hoogstrate in defence and Michael Washington takes the key central midfield role.

Coach Settier took ten minutes out from his team's preparations for tonight's game against Monaco to share his predictions for the campaign.

"Last year we did well, brilliantly well, to get to the quarter finals. They were tough games, and we were so sad to lose the way we did. But that was last season and now we have a lot of the same players but they are older, wiser, better trained."

Tough choices

"With regards to David [Delgado], we had to make a difficult decision to let him go. The fans loved him but we just couldn't afford to keep him, his demands were too high for a player of his quality."

"Fernando [Adinolfi] caught everyone's eye last year, he was masterful and we will miss his quality this season. Terrell [Maxwell] and Mike [Washington] are good players, they will be great players, but they are still so young that it is a risk to play them in such big games. I believe they will come through."

"I don't want to make any predictions. Last year we were thrilled to get to the quarter finals; for such a small club we did great, but it wasn't to be. This year I think we can do as well or even better if luck is on our side. We have a hard match to start with but I want our fans to know we will try our hardest every match and hope they continue to support us."

It could be (LG)U

I took away from the LGU Arena a feeling of cautious optimism. He's not the kind of man to shout about it, but Settier believes strongly in his team and their ability. If the players and supporters can live up to that faith, this year's cup run could surpass even his modest hopes.

LGU kick off against AC Monaco tonight at the LGU Arena, 7pm GMT. A full match report will be available here following the game!

Old Post January 23, 2007, 09:26:34 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Landgraff United vs. AS Monaco

It's the first game of the Konami Cup's group stage this evening with Landgraff United hosting a strong Monaco side.

Coach Miguel Trincado Settier has been able to pick a full-strength side today, although the departures of Delgado and Adinolfi have left noticeable gaps in the team, and although teenagers Washington and Maxwell are tipped for great things, their lack of experience could prove telling.

LGU - 4-4-2 - Curtis, Sorensson (captain), Hoogstrate, Maxwell, Jonsson, Storms, Washington, van Andel, Prince, Rooijmans, Lewbrant.

The stands of the extended LGU Arena, covered in black and midnight blue with occasional patches of white Monaco shirts, mirror the clear night sky as the teams take to the pitch. The stadium echoes with the cheers and drums of both sets of fans, and the pleasure on the faces of LGU supporters at being able to see their heroes again is reciprocated by the players themselves.

Straight from the kick-off LGU looked lively and focused, their crisp passes to feet creating space into which the strikers and forward-thinking Hunter Prince ran. An eager livewire in the opening ten minutes, Hunter twice nearly played killer passes through to Rooijmans and Lewbrant, only for the Monaco defence to intervene both times.

It was third time lucky for Prince as he succeeded in setting Lewbrant up on the edge of the penalty area. The forward’s first touch was poor however, and by the time he took his shot a covering defender had run across to block his sight at goal. The ball looped towards Prince, whose chest control as exemplary and set him up for a beautiful right-foot volley that fizzed past the Monaco keeper and into the net for 1-0 to LGU.

LGU’s dominance continued after the restart, Prince once again the fulcrum, instrumental in every chance and piece of forward play. As a team they monopolised possession and play, but in the 33rd minute Monaco broke forward along the left flank and when the ball found Di Vaio in the penalty area his low shot hit the back of the net to equalise with Monaco’s first real passage of play.

Seemingly confident about his team’s play, Settier maintained his team’s strategy for the rest of the first half, and just before the whistle Lewbrant took a shot from twelve yards out to see it pushed into the path of Rooijmans, whose cutback found Prince. On today’s form there was nobody else on the pitch LGU fans would sooner have seen the ball fall to, but his shot ballooned over the bar, much to the supporters’ derision.

There was a mixture of cheers and catcalls as the teams went in 1-1 at the break. Most LGU fans’ expressions seemed to reflect this mixture of emotions; on the one hand their team had most of the play with a dominating 60% possession, but the equalising goal had dulled their pleasure with the first-half display.

Although the fans had been disappointed at half-time, the players showed no signs of any hurt feelings as they ran back out to begin the second half, and their optimistic faces shown on the big screen seemed to inspire the crowd.

Their start to the first half was even more inspirational as they refused to show any signs that the goal before half-time had deflated them. In fact, it seemed more likely that Monaco were the shaken side as a few poor passes in the opening side fell to LGU players. Just before the 50th minute the tireless Prince latched onto an underhit pass along the backline, ran it past his marker and slotted his left-foot shot past the keeper to restore Landgraff United’s one-goal advantage.

The remainder of the first-half was of a much slower pace than the first as both teams showed signs that they were still some way behind full match fitness. The three most forward LGU players kept running right to the end, but by the 80th minute the sharpness from their interchanges had dissipated, leaving shots sprayed wide or straight at the keeper. The worst example of this was on the final whistle as the ball fell to Binoth Rooijmans inside the six yard box – with an open goal he somehow calmly slotted the ball wide of the post. Luckily the referee signalled the end of the game to limit his embarrassment, and the roar from the crowd was equal parts relief and celebration.

With a winning start to the Konami Cup, LGU are already in a better position than at this time last season. Settier will have some work to do, particularly on improving the communication between his midfielders – although deserving of his Man of the Match accolade, too often today Hunter Prince was left isolated by the rest of the middle line.

Settier was right to preach quiet optimism; on this unconvincing performance the supporters will find it hard to get carried away.

Old Post January 24, 2007, 11:22:46 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Tonight it's LGU vs. Empoli in the Konami Cup.

Contrary to my stupid reporter's error earlier, this year's Konami Cup is actually an all-knockout tournament, with no group phase. LGU fans will certainly be hoping for a better performance against Empoli than last night's shaky win over Monaco.

Tune in later!

Old Post March 31, 2007, 04:01:04 am
Shining Mullet *

Bruce Fitzpatrick
In an interesting turn of events USA U-20 scouts have decided to pickup LGU Up and coming Trainee Bruce Fitzpatrick to play for the national team.

This has to be one of the most awesome things ive accomplished in hattrick thus far, no warning, no messages..just a sudden flag appearing in my lineup.

Most Excellent

Old Post March 31, 2007, 03:22:21 pm
Shining Star *

Just started playing and doing the tutorial for it... looks really good, very excited  Tongue

Match report:

In their managers absence the newly formed shining rangers set off to a disastarous start, lined up to play Lockwood FC in the cup, with no manager to back them up or give any kind of formation help, were surely doomed. 4-0 by the 16th minute.. and final score 0-8 to lockwood FC, with a possesion ratio of around 90%.

thnigs can only get better from here. fingers crossed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: