[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print
Bung Ole Ole Never Ending Thread - Vintage Classics Edition -   (Read 288149 times)
Old Post September 17, 2008, 08:09:30 pm
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Re: Bung Ole Ole Never Ending Thread - Vintage Classics Edition -
I think just coming on here each day and seeing posts, along with just the right amount of pressure from other things in life.

: )  Fingers crossed no walls are hit too early.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 20, 2008, 01:02:09 pm

eat it newbs I made a news post. hahah.
ahh now I can go back into obscurity.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 20, 2008, 01:11:24 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I had to remove the question marks so it would fit Sad Serves me right for making an inflexible design. Anyway, I've added it to main download section too.

Downloading and preparing to play Cheesy

Old Post September 20, 2008, 08:22:37 pm

Yeah thanks for fixing the post, adding tags and whatnot.
I should put some images too but at the moment I need to focus on my deadline :E

Woke up sick this morning, which sucks because tomorrow is a huge day for me.  Don't know whether to go for a run and make myself sicker and then load up on vitamins and water to try to get over it in time or just to ride it out.  I think I'll be a whuss and hide inside.

Luckily I don't get sick often.  Is this something about being mid twenties?  What do you others think?

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 21, 2008, 03:34:21 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I think I've been ill about three times in as many years. It doesn't seem to last so long now, and I can generally keep going without too many problems. Coding is a bit tough when my head's knackered, but other than that I can function pretty well. I don't get hangovers any more either, just tiredness from being up late. It's awesome Cheesy

Old Post September 22, 2008, 11:04:23 am

I've never gotten hangovers but from wine.. . . talking about the wheel, it's time for me to celebrate Cheesy

Got through the day ok, I drugged up.  Not much of a one for drugs while I'm sick usually, so these ones worked a treat.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 23, 2008, 09:11:28 pm

Ho now, look and see who is a shining chest wig : )

~Elvenfyre

New Post September 23, 2008, 09:28:27 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I don't know what I was on when I came up with those titles.

Posted about the new demos at Shining Force Central ( Topic is here ). TSS has also had a mention on SegaSaturno.com (in Spanish).

New Post September 23, 2008, 10:17:50 pm

ahh, personally I didn't really want this release shouted out, I probably should have mentioned that.  it's ok though I'll take the crap that may come Wink

~Elvenfyre

New Post September 23, 2008, 10:20:11 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

No worries, it's the only other place I've mentioned it. Thought a few more eyes on it could stir up some interest in the Source again Smiley

New Post October 12, 2008, 01:11:32 am

so. . .
Oh.  I see.  My giant kitten race has come, taken over the control of everyones tongues eh.

WHATS UP YO BLAH?

story for today.  short structure.
went to bar, as going inside noticed it said birthday celebrations.  asked bouncer if it was a private function.  he said yeah, but they only have the other half area, we can go in to have a few drinks at the bar.
have a few drinks, laughs(me and a mate), talk to a few people.
Even found out the birthday girls name and when she was standing right beside, said happy birthday.
All of a sudden after being there for a couple hours, birthday girls big brother comes and asks us how we know her.  we tell her we don't, and we are just having a drink.  he tells us we have to leave the bar as its a private function.  i try to explain that we were explicitly told we were allowed in there.  There were also several other groups of people not from the birthday at the bar with us, but this guy was talking directly into my mates face.
he is right up in my mates face and my mate stands up from the bar stool, and the brother takes it as physical time, so he takes a swing at my mate, and misses, falling over bar stool(lol times, i back off though trying to tell my mate lets just get away from this dick).  However my mate is angry now and when the guy comes at him again he dives on him, fight ensues.
Bouncers come and pull brother off while i take my friend off.  whole angry mob of birthday party goers coming for me and my friend telling us to piss off.
Eventually leave the bar and on the way out my mate passes the birthday girl, and tries to say sorry to her for anything.  She screams at the top of her lungs that if we say anything to her she's gonna punch us.  She goes on to tell the bouncers it's unfair her brothers(the other brother got kicked too, i don't know why) got kicked out when its her party.  I can't help myself and say to her that actually, her brother played a pretty big part in the whole affair, and blame couldn't be placed entirely at - KAPOW - she socks me right in the face.
So I say to her "congratulations on just getting thrown out of your own birthday party", and we go home.

~Elvenfyre

New Post October 12, 2008, 09:54:01 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I think that might be the greatest birthday story ever told. Did you get a good bruise or a black eye?

New Post October 13, 2008, 05:08:56 am

tiny bit of bruising on cheek, but the kapow was more shock than real hurt I think.

i thought of a shining battle where.... you've been put in prison or similar, your weapons stripped from you.
The battle-magic users of your party are under some kind of magic forcefield (a seperate area from the rest of your guys) so they can't do jack shit.
so you have to use your unarmed dudes to take out a couple guards and free your magic users who you can then use to take out the rest of the guards in order to win.

~Elvenfyre

New Post October 13, 2008, 02:33:09 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

I think that's proof that inspiration is everywhere Wink

Unfortunately my party stories aren't quite as exciting as that. Probably the most interesting one was driving to a party, turning a corner and watching someone wipe out on the bend and smash into a lamppost. The guy was ok, but his brand new sports car was a complete write-off.

Oh, and another friend sliced his side open on a metallic sign in a bar. The manager didn't seem too interested (very much a "oh, more drunks complaining" attitude even though we'd only just arrived). The sign is still there, about 4 years later. Hopefully that manager isn't.

New Post October 24, 2008, 04:15:02 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I don't remember many good party stories, although obviously that's because I don't go to many parties. I do remember one chap who got drunk for the first time on three Stellas, then when his parents came to pick him up said "about fucking time"! Poor chap - he'll never be allowed to forget it.

There's also something about vodka and Yngwie Malmsteen, but I think that's enough for now...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: