[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Results of the Meeting   (Read 7968 times)
Old Post October 14, 2008, 07:32:01 am
Blahian *

Results of the Meeting
Our team, after conversing about the project at hand, we took 2 hours to throw ideas together about the TRPG which has been given the codename - Shining Immortal (we are also debating a comical variation called Shining Farce since we have been itching to make a comedy RPG in a while). From the basic understanding, now that most of the team has played Shining Force 1 and 2, Shining Force 3 Senario 1 and 2, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Wisdom, and Shining in the Holy Arc. Most of the team members never realized that this was actually all one large series. lol

Anyway, we have developed a leveling system and magic system. Our main concept artist came up with some sketches. And our programmer is pulling apart the TRPG equations we would want to use and should have something by the end of the month that would, in numbers, be fully functional. My job is still finishing the character bios and stat sheets as well as their progression. We were also discussing ways to make it original such as at every level a small mini-game that will either give you a bonus stat increase OR allowing all the stat levels available and you get to select them in some medium, like cards that are face down, and then you gain the stats on the card until all the cards are gone, again when that class is maxed out. This allows you some interesting stat developments AND we were also thinking that if you gain a level with some type of circumstance met (ie killed enemy on counter, defeated boss, kill 2+ enemies, etc.) you can actually see what are behind X amount of cards. We also though of combining them into a card selection with a possible bonus every level or every X amount of levels.

I am still hammering out the story and one thing that came up was, again, classes that have not been seen in a SF game AND something that would make a unique character. If you have any ideas don't hesitate to share.

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post October 15, 2008, 09:16:17 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: Results of the Meeting
That's an interesting concept for the levelling system. How many cards are we talking about, and what kind of stat rewards would be available for completing it successfully? Would they be random for each level up, or would all the enemies you've defeated make a difference? For example, if you've only defeated golems to get a level up, would there be more "defence up" cards on the table?

Glad things are progressing well Smiley

New Post October 16, 2008, 12:38:30 am
Blahian *

Re: Results of the Meeting
That exact aspect is still up for discussion. I believe making it simple to start off with would be paramount than to make it obtusely complex. I think, at every level, you can see the cards out on the table, maybe 40 cards but if we simplify it only about 10. You pick one card and it will have either a standard set of stat increases, a specialty increase, or nothing at all. Specialty increases would include certain stats that were not always available to that class, for example, a thief getting a defense bonus or mp instead of waiting till he becomes a ninja, or a mage class gaining defense bonuses and physical attack bonuses. This specialty stat bonuses would also include things that would aid the class but only focus on one particular stat. The trick and function is that the specialty stats would grant, lets say on a mage class, a +4 or +5 in attack almost making him on par with the weakest physical warrior character in your team, but keep in mind the lack of defense. When we start doing builds up to maximum level and find out how the levels and enemies will range we can start pasting together how many cards will have nothing available and how many cards will have bonuses.

If we do well on this game and make another I would highly like to introduce the bonus system based on the type of enemies you kill and what type of weapons etc. But that can get complicated early on and I think the card system is a start in a new and fresh direction.

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: