[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
The Dead Before It Starts Thread   (Read 31509 times)
Old Post March 20, 2004, 08:19:56 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

The Dead Before It Starts Thread
Do we really need two one word threads? But this isn't one of my trademark rant topics [haven't made one of those in years], but rather a reminder of great discussions from the good ol' days.

The Member Battle - the first one was a fix, but the second one stands out as perhaps our finest hour. A true triumph of democracy resulted in the board's greatest member being rightly voted as the best. Happy days.

Any of the Ye Olde Chat threads - Ty's just informed me that the chatroom will be up again, and it'll be hosted on the site this time, so no mIRC-or JAVA-related worries this time. The quotations from these little chats were always completely out of context, which is what made them so funny. Roll on the new room!

The Ye Olde Meet-Up thread - we never actually got around to organising a trip over to see our friends in Holland, but the photos of our meet-up with Nick were fantastic, and a jolly good time was had. Nick, Edgey, and any other Brits that are reading - how about a meet-up this summer?

The Last Tram thread - need I say more? I had the Last Tram as my desktop for months, and the shot of our Dutchie [and slightly mad] buddies lying on the tracks is equally good. Speaking of which...

The Dev peanut butter picture - pure class.

So put those brains to work compadres, and let's kick off the new Blah with some top notch threads [and congratulations to Nick and Edgey for their world-class "student cooking topic" and "BONET". Well done, sirs!]

Old Post March 20, 2004, 09:17:20 pm
Shining Something *

Do we really need two one word threads? But this isn't one of my trademark rant topics [haven't made one of those in years], but rather a reminder of great discussions from the good ol' days.

no... i knew it was a mistake as soon as i started it.

how about a meet-up this summer?

that sounds like a good idea to me! Cheesy

o yo yo...

Old Post March 20, 2004, 09:20:02 pm
Shining Something *

Oh Ty.... - put up those photos of the last meetup again!

o yo yo...

Old Post March 20, 2004, 09:28:55 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I'll set myself a reminder to nag him about the photos when he gets back Tongue

I reckon a summer meet-up would be a great idea, and it might give Phil an incentive to get a LAN demo of SOnline working Wink Failing that, some sort of Le Mans 24-style Shining Force marathon is called for - if someone can bring SFI on the Mega Drive, we could take it in turns and play through the entire series, including all three SFIII discs. That'd only take... about a week Tongue Maybe just a pint then, eh?

Edgey, Ye Olde Meet-up needs you!

Old Post March 20, 2004, 10:11:54 pm
Shining Something *

yeah man.. sounds like a plan and a half Tongue

i should make plans not to drive back so i can actually enjoy more than a half this time Cheesy

o yo yo...

Old Post March 21, 2004, 02:25:36 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Good thinking! I'm sure we could always put you up here if you wanted to stay for a bit longer, or find you some cheap accommodation [the Manor Hotel is only ?85 a night Tongue]. If you and Edgey could both make it that would be wicked - maybe we could track down Saiy too Tongue

I'll talk to Chris about it on MSN and see if he's up for it. Should be good!

Old Post March 21, 2004, 05:01:57 pm
Shining Mullet *

Bah...wish i lived amongst you guys Sad
my meetup bill would be huge :lol:

maybe someday Smiley

Old Post March 21, 2004, 10:22:45 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

If I'm ever Stateside, I'll make sure you're top of my list of people to visit, mate Cheesy

This post is my attempt to get a proper topic at the top of the page Tongue I don't have much to add to the Meet-Up, other than it would be brilliant fun and I would encourage as many Brits to come along as possible, especially Acebloke so we could all take the piss out of him... er, ignore that. Maybe even a Dutchie or two could pop along? Cheesy

Old Post March 21, 2004, 10:24:05 pm
Shining Forever *

Damnit, get Saturn Bomberman out ! Your going down !

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post March 21, 2004, 10:29:06 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I thought that might do the trick! Five player Bomberman or Deathtank would be brilliant, and if Edgey brings some more pads [and friends Tongue] we could have even more. I'll still win, though  Cheesy

Old Post March 21, 2004, 10:32:28 pm
Shining Forever *

*Pushes his mum off playing Saturn Bomberman to practice*

Old Post March 21, 2004, 10:33:07 pm
Shining Something *

I got more pads, and skill, than any of you punks  :twisted:

A meetup certainly sounds good to me, sometime in the midst of summer. Work will make it difficult for me to get down but if we arrange it in advance then it shalt not be a problem.

Beer anyone?

Old Post March 21, 2004, 11:06:58 pm
Shining Forever *

Well, if I lose sanity and do come, I want to bring my own damn pad.

Old Post March 22, 2004, 01:13:49 am
Shining Star *

Nah, everyone should just come visit New Zealand...wonderful country, as you can see in our 9-hour promotional video, for some reason titled Lord of the Rings...

hining Valour Website:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~clark4/

Old Post March 22, 2004, 01:20:06 am
Shining Forever *

Lol, maybe they could put that as the flight movie, I only hope theres more than 2 toilets on the plane.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: