[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
The Project   (Read 15038 times)
Old Post May 16, 2009, 07:20:07 am
Blahian *

The Project
Were are still hard at work on our project so dont think I forgot about SS Wink We have a working battle grid ready and still more concept art being created. We have just brought on 2 3d designers who are friends of ours and we getting them prepped up and hopefully soon we will have some 3d character models to share once we copyright them. I have been working on the script and getting a vocal cast figured out some more and then we are going to mess with the 2d to 3d revamp of the world. We were thinking of only going 2d on the world with 3d battles but we have changed our minds dramatically. Anyway, if you have any new questions let me know and I would be glad to answer them. b^^

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post May 19, 2009, 09:05:35 am
Blahian *

Re: The Project
Like with the concept art I will gladly share with you images of the demo battle grid. All you have to do is PM me your email.

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post May 19, 2009, 12:44:58 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

If you still have my email address Id love to take a look Smiley

New Post May 21, 2009, 06:59:44 am
Blahian *

Sent. It may not be much but this grid/engine segment is going to be the foundation for our battle system. We are going to test the full 3d rotational camera that was designed with it. The debate now is to make it fixed in and out of battle or to allow free roaming. The benefit of non-free roaming is the production on a whole will be cut in half making it easier to get work done. If we do free roaming in and out of battle the 3d design crew will have more work to do thus slowing the speed of production but improving the quality.

New Post May 21, 2009, 09:08:29 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Looks good so far.

Would it be possible to start with a fixed camera and move to free roaming later if time allows? That way you could get started on things now, and then if you have time/staff later you can add free roaming. Whatever you decide, I hope it goes well, and I look forward to seeing more from your project Smiley

New Post May 25, 2009, 07:49:18 am
Blahian *

I think the reason fixed stays in desire is half the work needs to be done when creating the world. A full 3d setting would take much longer to make and I do assume too much at this point to be sure whether it will work to change it later or not but we shall find out.

New Post May 27, 2009, 11:43:00 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Hmm, from experience the route of least work always seems to be the best. The finished product might not be quite the same, but being able to see frequent progress is good for team motivation and helps keep interest.

Is there anything your team can show publicly yet? I'd love to write about the project on the main site, but I know you're keeping things publicly quiet.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: