The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
I'm baaccckkkkk!   (Read 15180 times)
Old Post June 21, 2009, 05:51:57 pm
Shining Forever *

I'm baaccckkkkk!
Here to piss you all off again.

I have a new Shining Force rip off project up my sleeves, and it'll probably do better than my last one (Joshtan) that I haven't even released yet.

The plan is the make the single player storyline free, and then for an extremely small one time fee allow people to play multiplayer. I already have my movement system sorted (which is fairly SF like) and basic commands, who knows, might even have a demo up sometime.

This was probably totally influenced by the fact that I noticed the Sega Mega Drive collection for PS3 has already been released (with the mega drive shining games on it), and fooled my sister in law to go buy it for the PS3 she has which I don't and she never uses.

So whats been going on here?

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post June 22, 2009, 12:57:18 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: I'm baaccckkkkk!
Good to see you back around, Ace Smiley As you can see, TSS is still a hive of activity Wink I can't remember everything since you were last here, but Shiny Sword got a new demo, there's a Shining Force 2 remake in the works and another project is in the works by a team that posts here. Shining Aid got a tonne of stuff too, and hopefully by the end if this year there will be some more demo's out Wink

In non-TSS news, I moved from the UK to Florida at the start of this year and got married. Don't move to Florida.

Old Post June 22, 2009, 01:20:39 pm
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Hmm, interesting development: either you don't like Florida that much or you don't like acebloke that much...

Oh of course, you could just not like moving. Smiley

Hi Acebloke.  Keen to see what you come up with.  Any demo is a good first demo in my book.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post June 22, 2009, 02:26:29 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

haha, I hadn't thought of it that way Smiley Sadly, it's Florida I'm not so keen on. For example, turn your shower on the hottest setting, seal the bathroom and wait. After about an hour, you should be at the correct temperature and humidity for a typical day outside. It's taking some getting used to. Moving countries isn't great either, especially when there's a few miles of red tape to fill out. Enough bitching though, I've got work to do Wink

Old Post June 22, 2009, 04:59:30 pm
Administrator Shining Spammer *

you need to build a water suit.
I imagine this to give yourself water cooling by streaming water past a compressor to cool it and then running it through a thin plastic suit that lines your jacket / pants (and you'll be able to wear jackets and pants to the envy of everyone else!)
solar powered of course.

OR you could just start eating curries more often, I hear this helps.

~Elvenfyre

New Post June 22, 2009, 06:27:22 pm
Shining Forever *

Well I did get married too, but I didn't move to Florida.

Is there a problem with the downloads? I've tried downloading some of the recent project updates and I just get a page saying:

"You do not have permission to download this file."

http://www.shiningsource.net/download/10/ for example.

I know I haven't really mentioned much about my project in my first post, but would it be ok to be listed here even though I plan to make money from it? (there will be no copyright violations, I swear!).

New Post June 22, 2009, 07:09:00 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

@Elv:
I love curry, but can't seem to find it for sale here Sad Got my family to bring lots last time they came, and although I enjoyed it my wife didn't cope so well. Funny, seeing as she's used to cajun food which is made of pure fire. The water suit sounds pretty neat. I'd definitely wear it to a job interview.

@Ace
Congrats on the wedding, whenever it was Wink

Fixing the download problem now. I updated WordPress the other day, and I guess I should have tested things from a logged out perspective.

Feel free to post your project here. I've got no problem with people here pimping their projects, whether they're commercial or not.

New Post November 07, 2009, 02:58:05 am
Shining Forever *

I did get a chance to download the latest projects and had fun playing them, I haven't really got anywhere with my own though since June, I've been busy dealing with other games in my belt and other crap like being unemployed (which theoretically should have PROMOTED me developing a game I'm hoping to make money on but I ended up working on my other pre-existing free-to-play pay-for-extra games which includes a Civilization clone which is starting to resemble a Civilization clone :p).

I am admittedly still using BYOND ( http://www.byond.com ) but its a lot more professional now (and have literally just gone into automatic Isometric tiling too-although you could do it yourself before). I make about 2 weeks worth of unemployment benefit a year from my games there, but better than nothing.

Also I was so dumb we accidentally ordered the Xbox 360 version of the Mega Drive collection, although luckily she had one of them too.

(Edit: I did make a FF1 clone in 24 hours though: http://www.byond.com/games/Acebloke/Gaoithe as part of a Game-in-a-Day competition - although its hard to look at and some parts are half done ;p Technically there is an end boss and a storyline though)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: