[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Shining Immortal Update 6   (Read 8264 times)
Old Post August 21, 2009, 02:51:59 am
Blahian *

Shining Immortal Update 6
Still progressing slower that devils spit I must admit due to my CPU deciding to die during a brown out and now I am short a PC to do my mainstream sound/3d designs on. (This laptop sucks ; Wink But outside of that I have some good news and bad news.

The good: I have a statistical sheet with the base stats for every character, what level they learn certain skills at, and where their growth focuses are.  The grid of their growth per level, as mentioned before, is random but based on a maximum level system. So if you go by 20 levels before maxing out your characters levels PRIOR to promotion you will max out his stats pre-promotion regardless, same when going to level 20 after promotion, and again after the third promotion. This way no matter how you cut it you get the same statistics. HOWEVER, the debate still runs about making a card system when you level so that way every play through your characters could have variable statistics but the card selection will still be geared towards the character class. (Yeah... I dont think warriors should have mana bonuses XD).

The Bad: We lost our lead programmer to Obsidian entertainment recently as a lead programmer over there and he is not sure what his time availability would be to work on any more code for the game. I have a few other people who may consider taking over but he really did'nt have much done in the context of what we could ACTUALLY use. So after working through this little depressing period we are back on track in all other aspects, except programming. As my CPU is dead 3d character designs have been put on hold.

The Ugly: I looked in the mirror this morning.... j/k Anyway, I have taken the time to start focusing on the battle to battle instances and the enemies that will participate in the first series of battles. I hope in completing this, and the enemy states for these battles, once programming gets back on schedule we can make a alpha demo of what we hope to do (Probably in 2d for the time being unless I can get the 3d engine prepared fast enough [unless you are patient enough for a 3d demo battle])

In Conclusion - Slow but getting there. XD

Ill try adding Elven, Newts, and Ty to my IM through Hotmail so that way I can coordinate with you all better then posting these pretty bland updates till I have something more tangible to post on this work in progress.

"So, you want to see if the carpet matches the drapes eh? Well, only the luckiest of ladies get to find that out." ^^

Old Post September 06, 2009, 04:38:16 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: Shining Immortal Update 6
Good to see things are progressing, even if it is slow (we all know the feeling here Wink)

I'm not on MSN too much, but you can always email or private message me and I'll reply as quick as I can Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: