[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Just bought a Gamecube   (Read 12960 times)
Old Post May 22, 2004, 08:34:34 pm
Shining Forever *

Just bought a Gamecube
I've gone and bought a game cube with memory card and game for ?65, which isnt too bad I didnt think, but as a regular boot sale buyer owing 95% + of my games from Boot sales or second hand shops maybe it was a tad expensive...

I've already put games like Zelda ( both WW and the one shown in this years E3 ) RE remake + RE0 and FE ( along way away I know ) onto my list of "Must Buy" games. Anyway, what games would other people recomend ?

And has anyone played the GC version of Red Faction 2 ? I want to know if they changed the Blowing up scenery from the PS2 version.

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post May 22, 2004, 10:58:16 pm
Shining Asteroid *

Just bought a Gamecube
Played 2, and you can't blow up shit.  Graphics are about the same, but I perfer the original Red Faction over it.

Old Post May 23, 2004, 10:37:00 am
bEn
Shining Light *

Just bought a Gamecube
Don't know bout the GC version but the PC and PS2 versions of RF2 plainly sucked - crappy gameplay and even more crappy graphics (I mean they are average fro a PS2 game but compare it to UT2003 and it will scream in shame).
Nevertheless what I wanted to say was, if you own a GBA aswell I guess Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals is an obvious choice - as far as I know the only game that makes use of the GBA - you could consider it a "preview" of the Nintendo Double Screen ;-)

t's not like I really care

Old Post May 23, 2004, 11:29:56 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Just bought a Gamecube
I played Crystal Chronicles with a friend, where both of us used our GBAs, and it was pretty boring, probably because I didn't know what I was doing. Anyway, quite a few games make use of the GBA-GC link - WindWaker, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Animal Crossing, Billy Hatcher, Phantasy Star Online, plus the multiplayer Pac-Man game released with Namco's R: Racing [which is pretty crap, by all accounts]. Zelda: Four Swords Adventure is coming soon too hopefully, which looks like it'll be pretty good Smiley

Anyway, as for essential Gamecube titles, you need Super Mario Sunshine, WindWaker [obviously], Mario Party 4 [if you have friends], Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life [if you don't], Metroid Prime, Pok?mon Colosseum, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Super Monkey Ball 2. Just stay away from Star Fox Adventures :S I've got Resident Evil if you want to buy it off me, I never play it Tongue

Old Post May 31, 2004, 05:40:29 am
Shining Dude *

Just bought a Gamecube
You gotta get F-Zero GX, thats the only game I play on the cube these days.

Snaking, Flying and MTS soo much to mess with, cool vehicle creation too!

Also theres tons to unlock and a really hard story mode that'll take you along time to do  Cheesy

32.9~ seconds on Sonic Oval, anyone got better?  :twisted:

Insert pretentious signiture here.

Old Post May 31, 2004, 02:46:08 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Just bought a Gamecube
I played it about twice, got absolutely creamed by Goroh in the story mode and haven't gone back to it since. It looks and sounds amazing, but I guess I'm just too much of a wimp to play it Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: