[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
How was the universe created?   (Read 34503 times)
Old Post March 21, 2004, 01:24:19 am
Shining Godzilla *

How was the universe created?
What  do you believe created the universe? Was it god or a huge explosion or somthing else?

DDDDD    EEEEE  RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R      R     P       P  !!!
D        D   EEEE    RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R    R       P
DDDDD    EEEEE  R      R     P            !!!

Old Post March 21, 2004, 11:18:27 pm
Shining Forever *

If I had to pick one, it would be the 11th dimention theory, that a big bang is when 2 parallel universes collide, somehow forming a new one. Course then theres the question on what made the 11th dimention.

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post March 22, 2004, 01:06:28 am
Shining Star *

Yeh that's the thing with the big bang theory...if there was nothing around b4 the bang that made matter, what made the bang?

hining Valour Website:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~clark4/

Old Post March 22, 2004, 04:30:06 am
Shining Godzilla *

Try trying to think of what came first it drives you crazy. Because then you gotta think of what made the thing that created this that created that etc

Old Post March 22, 2004, 05:47:30 am
Shining Star *

It's that darn chicken and egg thing...it always pops up  :evil:

hining Valour Website:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~clark4/

Old Post March 22, 2004, 06:34:37 pm
Blahian *

Someone laid some nasty turds called planets Tongue

Did you guys remember Men in Black? The part about the Orion's belt. The orion's belt is a small contained universe in itself in a small glass object (can't remember what object Tongue)

Its so weird. What if we were a small contained universe hung around a dog's collar?

Abstract thoughts and unintelligible emotions

Old Post March 22, 2004, 07:45:48 pm
Shining Something *

hehe.. i quite like that idea!

i find it amaising that the solar system has the same essential structure as a molecule; ie - with the electrons orbiting a nucleus.

o yo yo...

Old Post March 23, 2004, 01:30:49 am
Shining Godzilla *

maybe we are all little atoms in the finger nail of some wierdo lol

Old Post March 26, 2004, 08:20:54 pm
Blahian *

Quote from: "acebloke"
If I had to pick one, it would be the 11th dimention theory, that a big bang is when 2 parallel universes collide, somehow forming a new one. Course then theres the question on what made the 11th dimention.

The 11th dimention theory has nothing to do with the creation of the universe, it's just an advancement of relitivity. When two parellel universes collide is the second law of thermodynamics in which the entropy from one enviroment combines with the other to form (total entropy) + (total entropy * 2.7 * 10^-27).

The most logical physics theory of how the universe was created is that matter can be created from a vacuum through a long process(This is the study of quantum physics) which is one of the most difficult studies of physics/chemistry. I'm not going to write an explination of it but if anyone is intrested there are many physics courses offered in America/Canada that will teach this theory at the pre-college/university level.

Quote from: "nick"
hehe.. i quite like that idea!

i find it amaising that the solar system has the same essential structure as a molecule; ie - with the electrons orbiting a nucleus.

This was disproven by Fritz Haber, 1906.

Old Post March 26, 2004, 09:03:18 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I originally thought that was Elminster, but now I know that it isn't Tongue

Personally, I don't believe the purpose of life has anything to do with physics whatsoever. In fact, forget sciences, they've got nothing to do with anything and can only ever offer a feeble amount of knowledge. Everyone should unite under the banner of peace, music and Prosody Tongue

Old Post March 26, 2004, 09:23:33 pm
Shining Godzilla *

Newts The new age retro hippy (i think only seany will get that Tongue)

Now that you mention Gustav could be elminsters brother or somthing Tongue They post alike Smiley

Old Post March 26, 2004, 10:58:40 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I just realised that I stuck that in the wrong topic, it should really be in the "meaning of life" thread. Anyway, I suppose what I said holds up here too - we'll never fully understand anything about the Universe, let alone how it was created. We might as well appreciate that we're very fortunate to be blessed with life and opportunity, and enjoy life in the spirit of nature [is that hippy enough for you? Tongue]

Old Post March 26, 2004, 11:25:25 pm
Shining Forever *

Quote from: "Gustave"
Quote from: "acebloke"

The 11th dimention theory has nothing to do with the creation of the universe, it's just an advancement of relitivity. When two parellel universes collide is the second law of thermodynamics in which the entropy from one enviroment combines with the other to form (total entropy) + (total entropy * 2.7 * 10^-27).

Meh, I'm 16, I dont even need to know more than 4 dimentions in order to pass my exams. I only know bits of string theory from those science programs on at 4am when channel 4 have nothing better to put on.

SC: dead again, dun dun dun.

Old Post March 27, 2004, 12:04:30 am
Blahian *

Acebloke:
I'm just trying to sound like a smart-ass. :-) But physics really is my area of expertie so in my physics class we do quite basic equations but I do a lot of reading on this stuff aswell.

Newtz:
You'd be suprised how much we really know about the universe. I personally find the study of anti-matter and anti-universes quite astounding. If you read a couple dozen books you'll see the progress from Aristotil to Hawking and if you choose to take this in university like me you'll see how much of it is theory and how much has been proven. :-)

Old Post March 27, 2004, 01:20:24 am
Shining Something *

to be honest, i try not to think about it - whenever i do i end up getting really confused!

i doubt we will ever know how the universe was created...

the big bang theory doesn't appeal to me. i mean, the concept of a big bang implies that there was no thought involved.. everything *after* the big band happened as if by chance. did we happen be chance? am i sitting here typing this post by chance?Huh???

o yo yo...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: