The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
dawn of the dead   (Read 29314 times)
Old Post April 06, 2004, 02:38:32 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

dawn of the dead
I will never except episode 1,2 anything else as real star wars movies.
The original triology is the only thing.
Next to that I even don't believe the myth that George Lucas wrote the story for a whole of 9 parts when he made the first movie. I don>'t even believe that he made the story for the (ok this time right) episodes 5 and 6 at that time

t's not like I really care

Old Post April 07, 2004, 03:51:35 pm
Shining Something *

dawn of the dead
Well, SW IV begins with the scrolling text. I thought it said IV already there in the first movie, so Lucas was defenitly planning ahead.

Secondly, i think SW VI ranks after IV and V, and before I and II, but its not the best part by far.  Ewoks defeating stormtroopers? I though i was watching sf, not fantasy

ah yah, yakidiaya, long live Ye Olde Blah

Old Post April 07, 2004, 05:34:13 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

dawn of the dead
Well it's a matter of taste which part is the best - personally I prefer part IV and VI.
Next it means nothing if you call a part IV - can be a inside joke or sth else.
But tell me why does even the first triology tell the same basic story twice.
If the story had been written from the beginning then why would this happen.
If part 1-3 had been written then why would there be so many logic bugs in the storyline (like the appearance of R2D2 and C3PO on tatoine eventho later they don't remember a thing and many more just have a look at an average SW fansite).
Also why does George Lucas say that there won't be a part 7-9 as Part 3 would make this unnecessary? If the story had been written all the way this could not happen.
Why does the story of episode 1-2 seem so...ehm..written in ten minutes during lunchtime - I mean it has a bunch of bugs, copies parts from a bunch of books - most famous one being the bible, the way certain facts are presented doesn't fit to the original triology and stuff...
Why did they never release the "official" "afterwards" story as books tho there are tons of official follow up?

Damn many questions while the only prove for a real planned storyline is that they called the first part episode 4 and Geroge Lucas claims to have written it.....

Old Post April 07, 2004, 05:41:30 pm
Shining Mullet *

dawn of the dead
Not to sound like a jerk or anything..but if you pyschoanalyse movies and such..you'll NEVER find enjoyment in it.
I thought the star-wars saga was a breath of fresh air..and all of the movies are great..Im wanting to see how exactly Anakin morphed into Vader.

If you read the books dun tell me Tongue i watch the movie..then read the books...im just backwards like that.

In the end through all of the supposid 'plot holes' and 'bugs' it makes him money...so whats to argue with?

New Post April 07, 2004, 05:51:47 pm
bEn
Shining Light *

dawn of the dead
Don't get me wrong - I lvoe the star wars movies and if you skip the bad written love story parts from episode 2 it would eb imho a damn good movie.
Fighting Yoda is a classic!

I also hate those people who spent their time at the movies watching for goofs,bugs, visibile mics, digital clocks in ancient movies and stuff like that.
A movie should be seen as a whole and not as the sum of small details.

A thing I do not like is when you have noticable breaks in a series - which happened in the star wars movies and if you have a bad story - which also coutns for episode 1. Even the connection between E1 and E2 is rather faint which sucks. It's that a part of the feeling gets lost and that's sad.

Don't know how the rest feels but I never wanted to know the prequel of the story but the sequel. Who cares how this starts - I wanna know how it ends. But guess that's that's only me...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: