[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
I'm surprised nobody mentioned E3 here.   (Read 12697 times)
Old Post May 27, 2005, 07:28:39 am
Blahian *

I'm surprised nobody mentioned E3 here.
With E3 gone for about a week I thought the people here would be talking about it. Especially since there's an awesome Sonic game coming to the DS and the Nintendo Revolution will have complete backwards compatibility (it can play games from every Nintendo console through a download service). Cheesy

Two friends of mine went this year and brought some stuff back for me: A Mario Kart DS stylus, a Serious Sam II t-shirt, a Mage Night Apocalypse shirt, and a bunch of magazines.

Of all of the stuff from the new consoles, I am liking the Revolution and Xbox 360. When I finally get a job i'll definitely buy all three consoles though.

Any thoughts?

Old Post May 27, 2005, 08:58:42 am
Shining Something *

yeah, i wasnt there, im jealous, and i dont want to talk about it :cry:

ah yah, yakidiaya, long live Ye Olde Blah

Old Post May 27, 2005, 10:31:51 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I was too busy wanking over Animal Crossing DS to post about it, so here's write-up I did.

In terms of new surprises, one of my favourite is certainly Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga 2 - the original is a stunningly enjoyable game, beautifully animated and overall a real joy to play. A DS sequel involving Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and (I believe) Baby Bowser will be very interesting indeed. You definitely need this.

Obviously the online gaming announcements were exciting but nothing we didn't really know before. Mario Kart DS online *will* be insane fun, and Animal Crossing DS online is just about enough to make me spunk in my pants. HOWEVER, the announcement that Marvelous are working on an ONLINE HARVEST MOON GAME and Hudsonsoft on an ONLINE BOMBERMAN GAME definitely tips me over the edge. So much so, in fact, that I'm saving up for Internet access in our flat as we speak.

Sega did us proud as well by finally resurrecting some *proper* Sonic games from his long history, specifically Sonic CD ("too hard to emulate", Sega? PAH!) and Sonic: The Fighters, which was long rumoured to have been released on Saturn but never materialised. It is a shame the trackball-controlled Sonic the Arcade won't be making it, and that the Game Gear games have (I believe) already been released on Sonic Adventure DX, but Sonic CD and Sonic Fighters make Sonic Gems Collection definitely worth a purchase in my eyes.

Sega also revealed (behind closed-doors, I believe) new Afterburner, House of the Dead and Virtua Fighter demos, plus a new 3D Sonic on XBox 360 (the video of which I have seen - gorgeous). Sonic Rush on the DS looks brilliant as well - real old-school level design and a nice use of the dual screens to show a bigger area. Definitely another one to look out for.

Okay, very quickly, the other good stuff - a new Animal Crossing game on the way to Revolution (big surprise there, I know), David Hollands' awesome demo of Electroplankton (almost certainly buying this), Nintendogs' continuing brilliance and lots of videos of Lost in Blue, which you all need to buy.

I think that's just about it. Out of that lot, Animal Crossing DS definitely has me salivating the most - indeed, I've even created a wallpaper for it, which I never do. I'll have to keep in touch with you all so I can come visit your towns and stuff.

New Post May 27, 2005, 11:36:31 am
Shining Something *

Re: I'm surprised nobody mentioned E3 here.
Quote from: "Squega"
With E3 gone for about a week I thought the people here would be talking about it. Especially since there's an awesome Sonic game coming to the DS and the Nintendo Revolution will have complete backwards compatibility (it can play games from every Nintendo console through a download service). Cheesy

Two friends of mine went this year and brought some stuff back for me: A Mario Kart DS stylus, a Serious Sam II t-shirt, a Mage Night Apocalypse shirt, and a bunch of magazines.

Of all of the stuff from the new consoles, I am liking the Revolution and Xbox 360. When I finally get a job i'll definitely buy all three consoles though.

Any thoughts?

Well trust me, when you get a job, you'll have enough money to buy all three consoles, but no time any more to play with them...
That's life.
I hope retirement will provide solutions.

hining Odyssey under devlopment: http://mapage.noos.fr/zylokh

New Post May 28, 2005, 01:00:43 am
Blahian *

Thank you for your summary Newts. You basically highlighted all of the good highlights of E3 this year.

The impressive showing of the DS has me sold. As soon as I acquire the funds I will be purchasing the DS. Cheesy

New Post May 28, 2005, 12:26:36 pm
Shining Something *

Sonic CD? Sonic Fighters? .....

Never played on either, but i'd be very happy if i could! Is that one on gamecube? Please say it was on XBox too Tongue

New Post May 28, 2005, 11:49:52 pm
Blahian *

Quote from: "Newts"
I was too busy wanking over Animal Crossing DS to post about it, so here's write-up I did.

In terms of new surprises, one of my favourite is certainly Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga 2 - the original is a stunningly enjoyable game, beautifully animated and overall a real joy to play. A DS sequel involving Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and (I believe) Baby Bowser will be very interesting indeed. You definitely need this.

Obviously the online gaming announcements were exciting but nothing we didn't really know before. Mario Kart DS online *will* be insane fun, and Animal Crossing DS online is just about enough to make me spunk in my pants. HOWEVER, the announcement that Marvelous are working on an ONLINE HARVEST MOON GAME and Hudsonsoft on an ONLINE BOMBERMAN GAME definitely tips me over the edge. So much so, in fact, that I'm saving up for Internet access in our flat as we speak.

Sega did us proud as well by finally resurrecting some *proper* Sonic games from his long history, specifically Sonic CD ("too hard to emulate", Sega? PAH!) and Sonic: The Fighters, which was long rumoured to have been released on Saturn but never materialised. It is a shame the trackball-controlled Sonic the Arcade won't be making it, and that the Game Gear games have (I believe) already been released on Sonic Adventure DX, but Sonic CD and Sonic Fighters make Sonic Gems Collection definitely worth a purchase in my eyes.

Sega also revealed (behind closed-doors, I believe) new Afterburner, House of the Dead and Virtua Fighter demos, plus a new 3D Sonic on XBox 360 (the video of which I have seen - gorgeous). Sonic Rush on the DS looks brilliant as well - real old-school level design and a nice use of the dual screens to show a bigger area. Definitely another one to look out for.

Okay, very quickly, the other good stuff - a new Animal Crossing game on the way to Revolution (big surprise there, I know), David Hollands' awesome demo of Electroplankton (almost certainly buying this), Nintendogs' continuing brilliance and lots of videos of Lost in Blue, which you all need to buy.

I think that's just about it. Out of that lot, Animal Crossing DS definitely has me salivating the most - indeed, I've even created a wallpaper for it, which I never do. I'll have to keep in touch with you all so I can come visit your towns and stuff.

WEverything he said......Plus the new Zelad, Castlevania DS, and the new Yu-gh-oh game for DS.

??

New Post May 31, 2005, 03:59:02 am
Shining Dude *

You missed the 'is it CG or for real this time?' Sony video hype for the ps3.

Insert pretentious signiture here.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: