[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Where do the monsters come from?   (Read 11330 times)
Old Post September 04, 2005, 07:20:00 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Where do the monsters come from?
So where do the monsters come from in the shining force games?

I mean as we know Dark Dragon comes from the lockup Wink

But how about all the random evil guys - are they around normally but just been recruited for the army lately?  Or have they come out from some void or been created by some evil magic or what?

I guess I always suspected the former - though what else could it be?

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 04, 2005, 07:38:14 am
Shining Mullet *

Usually Evil results from actions that completely and utterly take away from someone..particularly an individual who lives in this 'perfect' world.

So the genesis of Evil is actually Good.

Having lost faith in such a perfectly good system the individual starts to learn that being evil grants instant gratification for none other than his/herself.
This only encourages the evil behavior...and it grows and grows. With this growth often comes power wether it be political or physical or what have you.

With that power attained they may continue on their evil march of self preservation until they are either presented with the opportunity to be a part of something greater even then themselves, or they come up with a grand scheme to ensure that never again shall they ever be deprived of what they are so destined to achieve.

Makes sense to me anyway Sad

Old Post September 05, 2005, 02:36:50 am
Blahian *

I think it depends on the type of monster you wonder about.

For instance, Goblins and the like are probably always around.  Either nomadic or in tribes.  Witches and Dark Priests probably live spread all thru-out regions.

Oozes I suspect are also natural occurances, and Huge Rats probably run in packs as well.

I think it's just when an Evil steps in as a leader that they get more organized, and then become a menace.  Otherwise (like between games) , they're too scattered to be any real mentionable threat.

Old Post September 05, 2005, 03:55:17 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Yeah I guess you're right.  The other ones of course would be the living dead, which are summoned from the grave I suppose.

It is kind of weird how the monsters outnumber the local towns populace - though I suppose that's why they need you to kick their ass Smiley

~Elvenfyre

New Post November 16, 2005, 07:40:27 pm
Blahian *

Or....or....or, Ah what the kill them all and let the gods sort them out.

hat you gonna do, brother, when Rockinmania is running wild on you.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: