[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
My Java Experience   (Read 30524 times)
Old Post September 08, 2005, 09:01:19 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

My Java Experience
I realised the version above didn't in fact GIVE you the item once you bought it - now it does.  This gave me a bug which is now fixed handily.

So selling works too now.
Instead of using the shining force style of pushing your items down so the top slot is always the last one full, I've done something i believe is a little smarter and simply run a check routine before going into selection(maybe not, we'll see later I guess).

http://www.jaesign.com/desmond/java/shops.html

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 08, 2005, 10:49:41 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

My Java Experience
OK so I've pretty much finished what I set out to achieve, a basic shop system.

What's left?  There are some tidying things, a couple more modules, and then some stuff I want to work on for myself.

I need to show what item is equipped with a little symbol.

I need to expand the item class to include all of the features of items that will be necessary.

I need to expand the shop class to include repair percentages and deal types so I can place in those menus.

Also I want to make work on the speech bundle to roll along at a speed, a keypress automatically finishing the sentence, and text "scrolling" up as new text appears under it if appropriate.

Another thing would be the swoosh effect of various menu and text backing boxes on the screen - depending on their final position in original shining force 2 they would "swoosh" in from outside the viewable screen into place - then the content appearing on them.  when leaving a menu or text box they would "swoosh" out again.
Lastly, I've been thinking about sounds, not soundtrack so to speak - but for example the swoosh and unswoosh sound, speech sound burbling, and selection clicks.

~Elvenfyre

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: