[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Shining Winds might be returning to the roots.   (Read 12813 times)
Old Post January 27, 2006, 03:45:47 am
Blahian *

Shining Winds might be returning to the roots.
I don't know. All I know is, my source said "strategy RPG". That must count for something, right?

Sega Anounces Shining Wind  
| January 26, 2006 | 9:13:04 PM | By: nuckles87 |  

Sega takes Shining back to it's roots with a new strategy RPG...

Sega has announced yet another Shining game for the PS2, called "Shining Wind". The latest title in Sega's attempt to revitalize it's classic RPG franchise, Shining Wind will be the first Shining strategy RPG on a console since Shining Force 3 on the Saturn.

The game will have a real time battle system, in which both the player's characters and enemies move around the battlefield, and engage in battle when they come in contact.

We will report more information as it becomes available, including any genre chances. Shining Force Neo was originally scheduled to be a strategy RPG, but changed direction early in development, becoming a Diable-esque action RPG instead. Heres hoping this title stays the course.

Shameless plug-er I mean source: http://www.thedcd.com/dcd/ViewGameNews.asp?GameID=154&NewsID=240

I have yet to try any of these Shining titles. But I might try this if it's anything like the older games.

o to www.dreamflint.com for the best in Sega news, or I'LL GET A DINGO TO EAT YOUR BABY!

New Post January 27, 2006, 05:44:14 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

This made me happy, but the "real-time battles" thing doesn't. I'm not holding my breath, although I am a big fan of Shining Soul II, as you all know. Let's see.

New Post January 27, 2006, 05:56:12 pm
Blahian *

Aye, I know. I don't really know what to make of the real time battles thing. But Magic Box said "simulation", which on their website is the classification for strategy RPGs. I sat for a whole half hour deciding what to make of it lol.

o to www.dreamflint.com for the best in Sega news, or I'LL GET A DINGO TO EAT YOUR BABY!

New Post January 28, 2006, 11:01:27 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Well, if Sega say it's going back to the series' roots, I believe Sega - they've never lied to me in the past.

*C & W*

New Post January 29, 2006, 05:00:08 am
Blahian *

Well, Sega may not lie, but Magic Box sure as hell can give misinformation  :x.

It's an action RPG in the vein of Shining Tears with a lot of the problems fixed. I regret this misinformation, but if you want more accurate information go to IGN.com.

To say the least, this has me peeved. I checked both extensively on Magic Box and Google, yet I still missed the article on IGN...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: