[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
NEW Shining Online music   (Read 31745 times)
Old Post October 17, 2006, 01:46:06 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
My only contribution to Shining Online of any quality was in producing the music, and I was very pleased to hear the good feedback it got from players. Well, having upgraded my soundcard about six months ago I finally got around to recording some proper versions recently, and here are some short samples of the now (very nearly) finished tunes.

The first tune you should all know pretty well, the second one most of you will know and the third one is brand new. Let me know what you think to the arrangements, quality of the sound and music in general.

Vagabond

Shrine

Bassoons (temporary title)

Any comments at all are welcome!

Old Post October 18, 2006, 12:27:09 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
Oh I just love hearing Vagabond and Shrine.  Awesome work.

Bassoons, now that sounds very promising, but is there a sense of space to the rest of the music?  It seems lacking that, but perhaps the continuation of the music makes the flow seem more natural?

Either way, the more you produce, the happier I'll be Wink

~Elvenfyre

Old Post October 18, 2006, 04:35:10 am
Blahian *

Old Post October 18, 2006, 03:19:16 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
Thanks for the feedback, both of you.

I think I may have panned the instruments in bassoons that I didn't in the other two, I'll check later. There's some reverb on the shrine tune but I probably need to remix it a little. I'd be happy to send the full tunes over MSN next time you're on if you want a full listen.

Old Post October 19, 2006, 12:09:32 am
Shining Mullet *

NEW Shining Online music
wow mate :O

That's a great sound, all of them. Everything is so full and rich with insturnments than as before Smiley

cheers! great work

Old Post October 19, 2006, 03:16:18 am
Blahian *

NEW Shining Online music
Yes, very good indeed!

Old Post October 19, 2006, 11:25:55 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

Today I've been working on the score for a film by one of Hannah's Uni colleagues. He wanted something Max Payne-y, and this is the best I've come up with so far. There's a nice bit almost one minute in.

Tanner's theme

I haven't played it for the guy who wanted it done as I wanted some more general feedback first. I've tried to keep it sparse as that's how the Max Payne theme starts out, but any other feedback - quality of the instruments etc. - is welcome.

It'll probably sneak into SOnline at some point too, hence its inclusion here.

Old Post October 20, 2006, 03:10:55 am

NEW Shining Online music
Elvenfyre is exhausted

someone better fricken have the 120 gold to bring me back!

I nearly died, it's so beautiful.  Seriously you have outdone yourself.  Very, very good piece of music imho.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post October 20, 2006, 03:45:02 pm
Shining Mullet *

NEW Shining Online music
My dreams were inturrupted by the grip of the cold hand of conscienceness. The sun beggining its march over the horizon projected images of a firey oncoming. It was though all the daemons of hell were coming and i was their main course.

As the day dragged on i could only find solace in the horribly glorious work of law enforcement. Just as great carpenters construct their futures with hammer and nail, my destiny is shaped and forged through bullets and fire. Each shell casing sending its gentle song throughout the room as i had walked the very halls of valhala, dispensing justice to those with too weak a reserve to tread a decent life in this hellhole...

Haha sorry, max was always a bit cryptically poetic Smiley nice music mate, very dark and insightful. Absolutely max-pane-like Smiley Good show!

Old Post October 20, 2006, 04:11:47 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
Thanks again for the feedback and kind words, you two. I have a few more tunes in a similar ilk in the pipeline, and hopefully I'll play them for the "client" soon and let you know if he likes them or not. Hope he does.

More tunes coming soon!

Old Post October 21, 2006, 06:41:56 am

NEW Shining Online music
** have been listening to the 1 min 53 of Tanner's theme on repeat for a couple hours now.  

Just letting you know, it might actually kill me yet.

Wink

~Elvenfyre

Old Post October 22, 2006, 01:27:29 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
Thanks, Elv. I've just finished uploading another track in the same style that's not-yet finished, but is more uptempo and hopefully keeping the same theme. I think it might work as a chase theme, or one with some excitement - hence the pizzicato rhythm and bassy trombone - but I'm not sure.

I've tried to inject a little hope and beauty into what could otherwise be quite a dark and depressing soundtrack. I don't know if it's too melodic and beautiful (sounds stupid, I know), but I guess we'll find out tomorrow when the guy comes around.

Another Tanner tune.

And as another special treat, a track I'm putting together for Phil's game.

Jumpy World.

Enjoy all!

Old Post October 29, 2006, 09:19:38 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

NEW Shining Online music
At least Richard Jacques likes the sound of it! Cheesy

Old Post January 04, 2008, 09:46:04 am
Shining Something *

Re: NEW Shining Online music
Great, your music is exactly what I'm looking for.  Cheesy

My question is: are you interested in composing for my game DARK RESURRECTION ?

If you want financial compensation, then that's no problem at all. Smiley

"Should you accept this mission" ( Wink ) then PM me and we can talk some more , yes ?

Cheers   

Love is Grand , Divorce ..... a hundred Grand

Old Post January 05, 2008, 09:37:08 pm
Blahian *

Re: NEW Shining Online music
Those are great tracks! I like Shrine and Tanner's theme a lot.

A new soundcard is a great investment. I invested in a second hand M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 last year for doing music production. It's a high fidelity audio-dedicated soundcard that's really great. Can't use it to play doom tho. You can, but u dun get all the multimedia perks.

In tanner's theme, the flute seems to be a tad soft, being overshadowed by the piano arps. It could be just my soundsystem tho.

Great to see u're still doing music. I'll stop by prosody later Cheesy

Abstract thoughts and unintelligible emotions

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: