The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Wii Fiasco   (Read 16877 times)
Old Post February 12, 2007, 01:31:51 am
Shining Mullet *

Wii Fiasco
Oh yes mates its quite the rat-race.

Several adds were to be had in today's paper. Most notably the Wii advertised at various electronics venues, something that ive been on a quest for since day 1 and yet still to no avail.
Upon the latest dissapointment ive drawn some pretty drastic conclusions but with what i had seen with my own eyes they are certainly plausible.

The one instance that hits rather below the belt was the college try i fancied at Circut City (or Circut Shitty as ive always called it). Announced in sunday's paper that they will be handing out vouchers one hour before the store opens, i thought how spiffy! all ive got to do is show up and get in line and hope for my voucher! Store opens at 10:00 AM, we show up at 8:45. At that time we were greeted with the best sight ive seen EVER! a relatively empty parking-lot with no yet forming queue! I was estatic, i had thought that today was truly the day i would finally at long last get my system. Unfortunately mates such is not the case, upon standing outside in the company of a few other older women purchasing for their children a fellow approached us and told us that the tickets had already been given out, at 8:00 AM, A full hour before the add indicated. I was furious, and we re-conviened into the car to form a plan. We had a great setup of cruising by stores and seeing what gives but there was nothing mates, nothing.

After the fact the thought had struck me..what if that bloke was trying to run interference? Misinformation if you will. Feeding us that dribble so that he could prevent three families from recieving a voucher thereby increasing his chances to get his hands on one himself? Possible..entirely possible.

This buy them and ebay them nonsense is getting on my last nearve. I just want my system so i can add it to my collection and enjoy choice titles. I dont want to try and make money off of it or whore it out to some friends or whatever. I cant help but feel im being screwed out of something at times...

-Seani

Old Post February 12, 2007, 06:16:00 pm
Blahian *

Re: Wii Fiasco
Wow! I never would have thought it would still be so difficult to find a Wii. It's mid February and supply still hasn't caught up with demand. I completely agree with you about people who buy systems just to ebay them for absurd prices, I can't stand that. The problem is that some people will actually pay these high amounts too.

Look at the bright side though. By the time you get a Wii, mabye the alternate color versions will be around and you can get a cool black or red one!

Old Post February 13, 2007, 01:00:50 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

I know your pain mate. One of my local game shops said they hoped to have enough Wiis for free sale by now, but as it turns out they're still having to take pre-orders in order to secure stock. They're selling out instantly everywhere, which I suppose at least means they're successful.

Hope you find one soon and we can share Wii stuff Cheesy

Old Post February 13, 2007, 05:48:17 pm
Shining Godzilla *

But every store has a $600 ps3!

DDDDD    EEEEE  RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R      R     P       P  !!!
D        D   EEEE    RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R    R       P
DDDDD    EEEEE  R      R     P            !!!

Old Post February 14, 2007, 04:03:48 am
Blahian *

When you do get a Wii here's my friend code: 0224 2935 4049 9077.  Add me in and we can transfer Miis like Newts suggested. You can add me too, Newts! I'd love to finally get some Miis marching in the Mii Pararade!

Old Post February 14, 2007, 06:44:34 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

With pleasure, Solmyr! My number is 4114 2675 6643 1834. I'll add you tonight - prepare for a Mii invasion!

Old Post March 03, 2007, 10:30:45 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Any luck with that Wii yet, mate?

Old Post March 04, 2007, 01:01:26 am
Shining Mullet *

Not at all Sad

The local stores run adds in sunday's paper and if the console appears in the add then they've got a few in. Seems they've also retreated away from that whole voucher thing because they've must've recieved a mountain of complaints.

Going to give it another go tommorow but the morale runs a bit low these days mate Sad Here's hoping im pleasently suprised

Old Post May 09, 2007, 05:47:29 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Any luck at all..?

I fear Nintendo are shooting themselves in the foot a little more each day...

New Post May 10, 2007, 11:32:38 pm
Shining Godzilla *

No luck? Really? I've been finally seeing Wiis for sale at EB and the like.

DDDDD    EEEEE  RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R      R     P       P  !!!
D        D   EEEE    RRRRR     PPPPP   !!!
D        D   E          R    R       P
DDDDD    EEEEE  R      R     P            !!!

New Post May 13, 2007, 12:03:41 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

We're still having definite stock issues in Britain - shipments seem to come in every week or two but in really small quantities, and I suspect most of the people who wanted a Wii at launch probably have given up because they can't get hold of one. It's a shame, and their installed userbase is very low because they just can't get the machines into shops. Shame really.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: