[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)   (Read 140970 times)
Old Post March 11, 2018, 04:22:28 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Re: The Legend of Syro (Shining Force Fan Game)
Monster summoning reminds me of Papetts from Shining Force III. There's a lot of possibilities there, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Old Post March 30, 2018, 10:01:58 pm
Shining Star *

Old Post April 01, 2018, 06:57:15 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

You got the wires (or maybe it's string, I don't really know) right and everything Cheesy

Old Post April 14, 2018, 03:39:13 am
Shining Star *

Chapter 1 is now working again. Took a while to play through it and fix up all the bugs caused by re-coding half of the core code lol.

Oh right, the shop menu is completely done now too. Buy, sell, repair, deals, they all work. Items can also become damaged by using them in battle, break if you use them too much, drop from enemies, and get transferred to deals if a rare item drops that you don't have room for.

Old Post April 15, 2018, 09:01:37 pm
Shining Star *

New update for LoS: (Beta 1.0)
This was a huge quality of life update and much of the core code has been changed. If I could get a few people to test it out, that would be great! As always, let me know if you find any bugs.

This update contains all of Chapter 1, a 'Control Enemies' cheat, the 6vs66 challege map (Good luck! you're going to need it!), and my Debug Test room which contains some new spells for you to mess with (Quake and Summon). Chapter 1 aside, all other features are accessed via the 'Options' portion of the main menu.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrdyOMg7MBHjv6LWFSKB4Y1xax8Xv688/view?usp=sharing

New Post May 09, 2018, 05:58:12 pm
Shining Star *

Alright, I have 2 announcements today.

First off, I have a beta build available of the engine for anyone who has GameMaker 8.1 or GameMaker Studio. From what I hear, GameMaker Studio 2 comes with GameMaker Studio 1, so theoretically GMS2 users should be able to use it as well, but as I don't have it myself, I can't confirm that.

Some things to note before downloading the engine:
1. This is a beta build. Expect bugs, especially in the GMS version as I mainly use 8.1.
2. I don't have a tutorial or anything yet. This build is mainly for those with experience using GM so that I can get feedback on how to better optimize the codebase, and find bugs.
3. Both the 8.1 and GMS versions contain Chapter 1 of my game so you can reverse engineer it and see how it's done.
4. The GMS version has a small issue with Background Music that I haven't bothered fixing yet. 8.1 automatically stops the current BGM from playing if you start playing another. GMS requires you to manually shut off the current BGM before playing the next. Otherwise it starts playing both at the same time. I've yet to go through Chapter 1 and fix all the sound issues, but just be aware that they exist.
5. Map transitions need to be completely re-done for the GMS version as they removed the built in functions. The game still works as you'd expect, but the overworld transitions are instant rather than the SF2 style pan to the next room. I'll be updating those functions at a later date.

If you have access to GM 8.1 or GMS and want to take a look at the project file, shoot me a PM with your version of GameMaker and I'll send you the link.

===============================

Anywho,
I officially started working on Chapter 2.

I created a rough draft of the world map as well as some other smaller maps seen in chapter 2. The scripts for the first 2 cutscenes have also been written, though they still need a bit of a polish.

World Map:

New Post May 11, 2018, 12:31:16 am
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Looking good! Definitely getting a strong SF2 vibe from the map and it looks like it'll be fun to explore.

I don't have GameMaker, but I've put a post on the homepage to see if anyone can help out.

New Post May 11, 2018, 03:39:17 pm
Shining Star *

Last I checked, there's a free version of GameMaker Studio 2 available on their website. As I mentioned earlier, it SHOULD contain GMS1 as well, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested it myself.

Sometimes their free versions are the same thing, just with a "made with GameMaker" screen, other times there are resource limits. It usually depends on the version they are currently trying to promote lol.

New Post May 12, 2018, 04:44:26 pm
Shining Star *

Updated Download link for LoS. This version fixes an issue that appears early on in the game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTfG94tKUFQEdyBUaJq2bkSERu293eEE/view?usp=sharing

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: