[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
defense points and the like?!?!   (Read 17427 times)
Old Post March 21, 2004, 06:31:10 pm
Anonymous
Guest Logged
defense points and the like?!?!
I'm having a lil bit of a problemo here Smiley with weapons and armour...obviously in a normal shining force game you wouldn't have armour...but in mine you do.

So would the best solution to balance up the stats be for every weapon have armour thats of the same strenght? bit like yin and yang....?

Or should i just scrap having armour totally and use the standard defense levels? doing this however would in theory tho i'd end up ripping the whole system apart again and rewriting a few things.

any suggestions?

Old Post March 21, 2004, 07:03:10 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Shining Force 3 has a little bit of armour, and it works well. You can add resistance to certain types of armour if you're feeling brace - eg a piece of armour that protects you from fire, but is vulnerable again ice.

Armour strength seems to go up slower than weapon strength, but I haven't really played enough SF3.

The best way to balance is just to keep playing, as obvious as that is.

Old Post March 21, 2004, 08:12:00 pm
Anonymous
Guest Logged
mmm well i've decided to keep it Smiley I guess there's no loss in doing so...can you remember in shining force 2, whether the the coins gained is displayed before or after a user is promoted...i was thinking afterwards for some reason...but i can't be 100% sure

Old Post March 24, 2004, 12:31:22 pm
Shining Something *

After in my opinion...

hining Odyssey under devlopment: http://mapage.noos.fr/zylokh

Old Post April 06, 2004, 08:26:46 pm
Shining Asteroid *

It was after, I'm sure of it...

Old Post April 15, 2004, 04:46:26 pm
Linker
Guest Logged
armor, this is for the guy asking about it, I'm new here
I will tell you now the I don't have any of these games other than Shining Force 1, but if you find armor, you should probably use it.  :arrow:  Check what good each peice of armor does before battle, check with your stats, and save first in case it is cursed.  I do the same thing with weapons.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: