[ Login | Register ]

The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Shining Online Ideas   (Read 45822 times)
Old Post September 07, 2005, 09:07:11 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Shining Online Ideas
It sounds suspiciously like a Hattrick hybrid Wink

I dunno what to say as to the ideas validity, it would be neat, for sure.

In order to control and breed a good community you could do it this way:

Players have to be a certain level and meet certain requirements before they can get their own kingdom.  Before they have a kingdom they can work for other kingdoms as part of their monster killing, world exporing, resource gathering, inside training arenas or kingdom vs kingdom battle teams.

You make it so that a kingdom is best run with 3 or 4 other high level teams in it, teams that decline to make their own kingdom - and the more active lower level teams, the better.  You provide incentives of loyalty and rivalry to keep players from starting their own kingdoms if possible.
You make gold prices for advances in the kingdom incredibly high priced so to make the strategy of what to get in what order all important.
Also, you do not allow your kingdoms to MAKE money(with things like alchemists guilds etc), apart from perhaps gambling on who will win in a kingdom vs kingdom battle.  
The incentives for making your own kingdom should still be visible despite this - and yet not everyone should wish to do it.  Players that don't play all the time, and those who have a decent "rank" (you rank members of your kingdom) in the kingdom they are serving will find it better to stay supporting their kingdom.  Those with a low rank and play often - when ready can branch off, take a couple friends with them and start their own new kingdom.
The kingdom is almost like a guild, the identity being the key thing.  You can rank kingdoms by "influence" - the most playing time by members, battles won vs battles lost etc.
The other thing kingdoms could give easily is training.  Like sean says you could do training at a price - but my idea is slightly different.  You could do training, and train by playing "friendly" battles with other members of your kingdom against AI opponents who drop no items, but give extra experience.  Even training in friendly PvP vs your kingdoms other members.
The kingdom must by houses for each of it's members, and can upgrade training facility for extra benefits, as well as upgrading its weapon shop and herb shop for extra benefits.

i'm just waffling and repeating a lot of what you're saying sean, but i saw your cry for help and thought i'd give it a go.

Most of it is just shooting the breeze, but at least it's there to spark ideas.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 11, 2005, 12:45:54 am
Shining Star *

Shining Online Ideas
Loving the kingdom idea people excellent excellent excellent idea lol very very good, getting me very excited all ready  :lol: BUT will all this be do-able? if so then very cool, but if not then please dont get my hopes up  :cry: very good idea though  Smiley an that random invasion type idea was very cool as well   Smiley  good luck everyone Cheesy

Old Post September 12, 2005, 10:22:14 pm
Shining Mullet *

Shining Online Ideas
Any sorts of developments with SO? Smiley

anything becoming a pain to put together? Need something inspired? Smiley

Old Post September 15, 2005, 11:03:15 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Shining Online Ideas
I have to confess, I haven't made much progress this week. Newts did do some tiles and enemies though for quite a cool level, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get something done tomorrow.

There's a stack of things to do, but I think the priority is getting the new engine back to the state that demo 4 was. Which will be bloody hard :lol: Still, it'll keep me occupied for a few days.

Old Post September 22, 2005, 01:45:01 pm

Shining Online Ideas
So did you get anything done?

Hows the engine rebuild going?

~Elvenfyre

Old Post September 22, 2005, 08:45:22 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Shining Online Ideas
I got a few things done, but not what I'd intended. It wasn't even for SO, but it's something I intend to re-use with everything else I write.

I'm going to start a regular worklog on Monday, so be prepared for some boring ramblings Wink

New Post September 22, 2005, 11:15:14 pm
Shining Mullet *

Shining Online Ideas
yay!

ive been checking that worklog for years mate  :lol:  anxiously awaiting an update Smiley

New Post September 23, 2005, 08:45:43 am

Shining Online Ideas
I just hope you don't jizm all over your monitor when you see the first one mate.  A little excited there aren't ya Wink

~Elvenfyre

New Post September 23, 2005, 06:11:46 pm
Shining Mullet *

Shining Online Ideas
yes, SOnline makes my nipples hard. Wont you finish it so i can rub my nipples?

New Post September 27, 2005, 04:35:36 pm

Shining Online Ideas
Updates?  ^_^

:twisted:

PUSH PUSH

~Elvenfyre

New Post October 01, 2005, 04:56:26 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Shining Online Ideas
Quote from: "Seanikins"
yes, SOnline makes my nipples hard. Wont you finish it so i can rub my nipples?

Comments like this make my nipples hard too.

New Post August 10, 2006, 10:04:07 pm
Shining Mullet *

Shining Online Ideas
my nipples are anxious Sad they understand that all good things come to those who wait, and that all things great are worth waiting for but..the nipples desire attention so bad Sad

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: