The Shining Source

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Shining Fyre   (Read 43565 times)
Old Post July 30, 2006, 02:46:53 pm
Job
Shining Light *

Shining Fyre
I won as well. It was a tough season. If i can win this last game i'll auto-promote to III, but it's going to be hard with two of my midfielders out.

Old Post November 07, 2006, 01:14:02 am
Administrator Shining Spammer *

Shining Fyre
OK so I'm coming second to last in my division, and there's no way I'm getting out of this alive.

However while I was away overseas I did manage to rack up a nice 1.4 million australian dollars to play with.

I'm totally unsure what to buy with the money, possibly I will go with a really decent midfielder - as I pulled a great youth mid this season and have been training him, so I could start 3-5-2 ing.

The lustre has gone off this game a bit for me, not sure if I can even be bothered spending the money, but I will, and see if things turn around in my ht-motivational stakes.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post February 04, 2008, 09:43:49 am

Re: Shining Fyre
That season I went back into Div 5, and then made it easily against bots back into Div 4, and this time, I've made it!  Coming 3rd at the moment, will just cruise in here for a couple seasons letting the money grow and then make a run for promotion.

~Elvenfyre

Old Post February 19, 2008, 12:47:08 am
Job
Shining Light *

Can someone check where my team is (Loose RS) if it's still around as a bot? I can't believe they let m go bankrupt - talk about turning away paying customers.  Roll Eyes

New Post September 02, 2008, 11:05:17 am

I'll try to remember to do that next time I'm there Job!

I have a funny story though, our div is a little stagnant, 4 of us pretty much the same skill level, then the newly relegated guy comes in and whips us all this season.
Time comes for my second game against this superstar team and I just "play it cool" ... I logged in today and received this message from him:
">Good game mate, well played. A bit of a turn around from the last game eh? Did you play MOTS?"

LOL, MOTS I take it means match of the season.  Pretty funny, I won 4-3.

Here's the match replay I guess it must have been nailbiting and infuriating for him if he was watching it.
Date :       31-08-2008 04.00     
MatchID:    181421638     HT Live
Arena :    Shining Fyre Arena
Crowd:    48404

48404 spectators had come to Shining Fyre Arena this cloudy day. Shining started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Starters: MacMonies - Faye, Letelier, Shamray - Brière, Pearce, Barycki, Bum, de Graaf - Goliáš, Fydler.

Wombats had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Starters: Szkółka - Kolosov, Souto, Isakov - Wilhelmus, Drenakis, Medina, Callebaut, Martin - Mentzel, Fadeev.

Shining saw most attack opportunities on the wings. After 20 minutes, Georg Mentzel sent the corner kick right to Kleovoulos Drenakis who headed it sharply past the keeper. 0-1! In the 21:th minute, Shining's Myron Shamray made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. The visiting Julio Medina was booed thoroughly by the home crowd in the 30:th minute, after he broke through the middle and scored, resulting in the visitors taking the lead. 1 - 2 was the score. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Wombats's Thomas Martin a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 30:th minute. Had it not been for one of the home defenders, Kleovoulos Drenakis would have put Wombats up another goal in the 34:th minute with his audacious lob from the right wing. A foul in the 35:th minute resulted in a free kick for Shining. Finnley Bum took advantage as he curled the tying goal into the top corner, out of reach of the keeper. 2 - 2. Halftime score was 2 - 2. This half belonged to Wombats, who controlled the ball 55 percent of the time.

In the 61:th minute, Shining had a chance to take the lead after being awarded a penalty, but Finnley Bum's shot was blocked by Lubomysł Szkółka. Barker Fydler hit the ball perfectly in the 65:th minute to score for Shining with a fab long shot. 3 - 2. Allan Pearce unleashed a swerving effort from the right that the visitors' keeper did well to tip wide. Shining's Barker Fydler showed his experience, anticipating the outcome of the opponent's defensive clearance and positioning himself perfectly to volley in an unstoppable shot from the edge of the box. 4 - 2. After this, Shining lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Georg Mentzel had a lethal looking free kick that grazed the post in the 76:th minute. In the 77:th minute, an amazing pass from the left side resulted in a goal for the visitors, as Luis Souto charged ahead and scored, reducing to 4 - 3. This half belonged to Wombats, who controlled the ball 60 percent of the time.

Shining's best player was Conrad de Graaf. Emilio Felipe Letelier was a disappointment, however. Merv Isakov performed admirably for Wombats. Julio Medina on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3.

Rating
Shining Fyre
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude    Play it Cool
Tactic    Attack on wings
Tactic skill    outstanding

Midfield    weak (low)
Right Defence    weak (high)
Central Defence    poor (very high)
Left Defence    poor (very high)
Right Attack    weak (high)
Central Attack    weak (high)