« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Ideas for articles   (Read 21693 times)
Old Post November 23, 2006, 04:32:21 pm
Ty
Administrator
Shining Sideburns *

Ideas for articles
Does anyone here have ideas for articles they'd like to go on the main site? I have a few of the old ones, but I'd like some more up-to-date content for when the article section goes live.

A few ideas:
 * AI for Shining-style games
 * How to create the Shining-style diamond
 * Getting started with BlitzPlus/Blitz3D
 * Simple 2D tile maps
 * Handling triggers and events

Any other ideas are more than welcome, and I'd like to see more user contributed content eventually.

Old Post December 02, 2006, 11:40:40 pm
Shining Asteroid *

Ideas for articles
I may try to write up some 2d graphics articles, maybe some graphic rip process and the like if I have time.

I don't think we have enough musical composition articles either.  They're just as important as anything else.

Old Post December 03, 2006, 08:54:41 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Ideas for articles
I'll have a go at writing a musical article this week, as I'm in the throes of musical inspiration recently!

Old Post December 04, 2006, 04:50:01 pm
Blahian *

Ideas for articles
Newts - I'd be very interested in reading a making game music tutorial. I have no idea how it's done and I think the stuff of yours that you've posted is top notch!

As far as other tutorials.. maybe SDL?

Old Post December 23, 2006, 12:11:20 am
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Ideas for articles
Cheers! I'll try to knock up a few paragraphs on Sunday - with a proper keyboard!

New Post January 07, 2007, 08:09:45 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Re: Ideas for articles
I've started drafting my first article, but already it's split into two parts, and I wondered which would be more valuable.

On the one hand, I could write an article about how to actually go about writing a piece - a little light theory, some arrangement advice and a few things to try out. I've done one similar before, and it was all right.

Secondly I could post an article about how to get that music onto the computer, either through tracking, direct recording or some other method.

Which would be more valuable?

Also, I'm currently in the process of recording some very simple jingles and tunes that I'll submit to TRAP so people can use them in their games Smiley

New Post January 07, 2007, 08:38:28 pm
Blahian *

I'm voting for the technical article on getting the music onto the computer. Or is it possible to compose the music on the computer, with some software? I think either tutorial would be very valuable though!

New Post January 07, 2007, 09:20:36 pm
Global Moderator
Shining Spammer *

Sure thing solmyr, there are a few ways to compose on PC - I'll cover one or two that I've used in the articles Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: