Here’s a quick look at what’s been added:
Yaaaaaa, I released another update a few days ago and I decided to post a summary here.
- Added main menu
- Added saving and loading
- added money
- added item drops
- added shop
You might remember news of Project Nekoforce back in December of last year. Now it has a name: “Amreen: Instrument of Revolution”. Even better, there’s a playable prototype available!
The project’s author, Doh042, shared some details over at Shining Force Central:
For those who haven’t read about it before, it’s a 2D strategy RPG paying homage mostly to Camelot’s Shining Force series. It has a very JRPG look to it, and this is the fruit of probably 400-500 man hours for a 2-man crew for the last 3 months. The build features 1 combat map and 1 city map. There are 5 very different characters in the player’s group, fighting against 3 different enemy units. You have access to 4 spells and 3 different items.
We plan to keep updating the prototype a little (mostly bug fixes based on people’s feedback, if we get any!), and there’s a few things we have left on a wishlist that may or may not make the cut for future release/builds. (Art update, actually having villagers/npcs in the city, etc.)
After that dust settles, we’ll start planning the Vertical Slice, which should feature a few hours of gameplay (roughly 4-5 battles, 3 exploration areas, 16 or so player characters with all their spells and a dozen enemy types).
Be sure to give the demo a try and leave some feedback!
Development on The Legend of Syro is still going strong, and Chaoswizard98 shared a nice big update on Ye Olde Blah. A quick rundown on some new and improved features:
- The main menu has been improved, and contains room for challenges (and achievements)
- New options have been added to the AI to support more interesting behaviour
- In-game camera has been rebuilt
- Character sprites can be set independently of their class
- Elemental damage has been added, along with buffs and debuffs
- Movement types can now be overridden by equipment
Be sure to read the full update and leave some feedback!
Hello everyone, happy holidays! I just updated my game on GameJolt and I decided to post a summary here! So here is a list of changes (this is usually called a change list)
- Added attack animation for Enu Knight casting magic.
- Redid the inventory menu so that it is now a scroll rect and you can see the stats of the items.
- Added death animations for the Goblin and the Brick Man.
- Removed the black outline for the villager eyes and nose.
- Made the villager’s pupils be in the center of the eye instead of them being cross-eyed.
- Implemented walls, art on the walls, windows on the walls, door, and a countertop.
Read the whole change list here https://gamejolt.com/games/KingsofEmber/201483/devlog
Have a good time with your family and friends, and if you have comments or suggestions please post them down below. Bye!
The new demo is available on the Kings of Ember project page at Game Jolt. Go try it out!