IkitClaw released v1.3 to the Tatakai beta testers. Here’s the accompanying message. :)
Tatakai test release v1.3 has just been uploaded and testers have been notified.
Amongst other things, the new Tatakai has :
- experience for friendly magic – an overlooked feature has been added
- attack action always default selection – avoids accidental stay orders
- individual hero, monster and item SFX
- more flexible image definitions
- introduced town files making each town specific
- variable levels of monster AI
The structure of the resource files has been reworked, and individual town files have been added. I’m currently working on a richer town customisation, allowing shop stock to be set, and eventually have town walkabouts too !
Issues concerning display settings and changes still persist – I need to learn more about the variations behind DirectDraw…
If you want access to the beta as well, feel free to check out the Project page for more info :).
Edit: The Tatakai site has had an update as well. Feel free to check it out at http://kyonshi.co.uk/tatakai/