- General News
- Project News
- Shining Aid
- Shining Force News
- Worklog Entry
Category: The Legend of Syro
Development on The Legend of Syro is still going strong, and Chaoswizard98 shared a nice big update on Ye Olde Blah. A quick rundown on some new and improved features:
- The main menu has been improved, and contains room for challenges (and achievements)
- New options have been added to the AI to support more interesting behaviour
- In-game camera has been rebuilt
- Character sprites can be set independently of their class
- Elemental damage has been added, along with buffs and debuffs
- Movement types can now be overridden by equipment
Be sure to read the full update and leave some feedback!
That’s right, it’s time for a Christmas battle to keep everyone on their toes!
Chaoswizard98 has this to share:
Merry Christmas everyone
I added a nightmare challenge battle to the game which puts you up against all 66 enemies from chapter 1 all in a single battle royale. You can play this battle by setting ‘Challenge Mode’ to true in the options menu before starting a new game.
Best of luck! (You’re going to need it)
Chapter 1 of The Legend of Syro is now available for download, and it’s been well worth the wait!
A quick list of changes in the complete story:
- 4 New battles
- Valdrfjell (Town)
- New Enemies
- Forest Serpent
- Timber Wolf
- Pack Leader
- Vampire Bat
- Lots of new cutscenes
See the complete changelog for all changes in this version (and all previous ones).
There are also factions to join, secrets to find and a full story to play through. The battle engine is extremely polished, items and magic all work nicely. Enemies also have pretty good AI and won’t hesitate to attack your healer at the worst possible time.
It’s been a little while since the last Legend of Syro demo was released, but Chaoswizard98 has been working hard to create something amazing!
There’s a very long list of improvements and new features, but here are some of the big ones:
- Fully working save system
- Church and advisor menus
- New cave map
- New below ship map
- Darkness in battles (this is really cool!)
- New (secret) cutscenes
- Weapons display in battle
- Chests can be looted in battle
- New items to collect
Enough talking, go play it!